RAPTOR ASSAULT INSURANCE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m registering for the raptor assault course in August, they offer $90 insurance. For those who have gone, is it worth it or needed? Or is it overkill? Thanks!

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m registering for the raptor assault course in August, they offer $90 insurance. For those who have gone, is it worth it or needed? Or is it overkill? Thanks!
The insurance has a $5k deductible. I couldn’t justify paying for that when I would still be liable for the first $5,000.00!

I chose not to. If you aren’t driving it differently and more dangerously than they instruct you, I think it’s a waste of money.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone in my group didn’t take their raptor out of 4 low properly and hoped on the road, it messed up all the off-road settings for the rest of their day. Don’t know if they had to pay for any damages but the instructor said it happens all the time even though they go through the correct process with everyone. I got the insurance but didn’t feel it was needed. You are limited to the instructor in front of you.

Bryantbjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid for it. Worth a little piece of mind. They let you know at orientation that the base raptors being used are 55 to 60,000 if you wreck them. Even with a deductible of $5,000 worth it. You pound on them pretty hard and there are opportunities to wreck them if not paying attention.

D

Deleted member 12951

I bought it, going in July. Its the price of going out to eat, not a big deal considering the entire cost of the whole trip.

RaptorLF18

Reaction score
I’m going in July, too. I bought the insurance as well. Hoping things get back to close to normal by July, so we can enjoy the class.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it’s worth it if you’re “That Guy”. Also, if your id will get the better of you and compel you to exceed the truck’s limitations in the high speed section.

I brought back some local shrubbery clinging to #9 from the skid plate. I thought I’d be clever on one of my runs, going left around a pretty big rut. It worked but getting back on to the path took me through a couple bushes. Co-pilot says “I was going to try that too. I think I’ll go the other way now”.

I heard that someone rolled one of the trucks - late ’17, early ’18 era? It was on the internet, so it has to be true. anyway, you have to really try to F*** up to crash or screw something up bad at R/A. They don’t throw anything at you that the truck can’t handle, but be prepared because the truck is far, far more capable that you know - for most of us.