Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for july 25-26 looks fun. Im pretty comfortable behind the wheel in a lot of conditions. I just want to play in their trucks maybe learn something new

Last edited:

radio_man

Reaction score
I took the course recently and it was amazing. There are plenty of details in this thread already so I won't go over them again. What i will say is that watching YouTube videos of the Raptor made by owners and even paid reviewers don't really show just how much this truck can do offroad. The hands on nature of the course introduces you to the capabilities of the truck and gives you confidence in said capabilities.

Personally I did not get much out of the reception and IMO you won't miss anything skipping it. There will be time after graduation to look around the museum area. The photographer for my class took some picture of the museum area and they were on the USB drive.

I chatted with a few people before driving so i could find a good co-driver, but they all paired off with other people. I ended up meeting my co-driver literally as I got into the truck. We had a lot fun and it turned out he was a Utah native so I learned a lot about the area around the Desert Peak Complex.

Seatown

Reaction score
Raptor Assault was amazing! I met a bunch of cool, like-minded individuals from all around the U.S. There were 2 other classes going on at the same time for people that bought a GT350 or a Focus ST. The group was also told that the property had been sold to a third party (someone outside the family of the original owners) so the future of the program was up in the air. So take the opportunity to attend the class while it is still around.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit. This is the first I've heard of this program and...

Raptor Assault is Full for Calendar Year 2017

We are no longer accepting new registrations or waiting list submissions. Please join our newsletter, for future notification of the 2018 calendar release.

I signed up for the newsletter hoping that they open it back up.

White-Raptor-Climbs-PGP10270_1200x800px.jpg

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up Jet (and everyone else who has contributed). I'm going in September, and I'm compiling a list of questions I intend to ask the instructors. Does anyone have anything they want me to ask while I'm there?

Stuff I'm thinking of:
  • Tire pressures (heard they use 32/28 or 28/22, and also recommend 36 for daily)
  • Tire Selection, C vs D or E
  • Breakdown of Traction Control/RSC in all modes (Baja pretty much removes it entirely anyway, so what does hitting the button again do?)
  • In sport mode, traction control seems to reduce power as opposed to braking. Is this true, and if so, does it do this at other times to save brakes? Furthermore, does it only show TC light/alarm when it utilizes brakes?
  • Why Baja mode defaults to 4H unlocked (suspect because back end is loose anyway, but we'll see)
  • No locking rear in Baja 2H (does it use electronic brake locking, and, if so, why was that preferred)
  • 4A: How/When exactly it engages, and long term reliability (considering stuff like boosted Sport mode launches on pavement)
  • When they find manual shifting most useful
  • Aftermarket stuff they see most useful and snake oil stuff (alignment kits, bump stops, vs catch cans and weep holes)

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up Jet (and everyone else who has contributed). I'm going in September, and I'm compiling a list of questions I intend to ask the instructors. Does anyone have anything they want me to ask while I'm there?

Stuff I'm thinking of:
  • Tire pressure (heard they use 32/28 or 28/22, and also recommend 36 for daily)
  • Traction control button (want to know what hitting the button does for modes like Baja, where it is already greatly reduced)
  • No locking rear in Baja 2H (does it use electronic brake locking, and why was that preferred)
  • Reliability of 4A launches (namely boosted Sport mode launches on pavement)
  • Aftermarket stuff they see most useful and snake oil stuff (alignment kits, bump stops, vs catch cans and weep holes)

Great questions. I look forward to hearing the answers!

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stuff I'm thinking of:
  • Tire pressure (heard they use 32/28 or 28/22, and also recommend 36 for daily)
  • Traction control button (want to know what hitting the button does for modes like Baja, where it is already greatly reduced)
  • No locking rear in Baja 2H (does it use electronic brake locking, and why was that preferred)
  • Reliability of 4A launches (namely boosted Sport mode launches on pavement)

I went back in May, and John Williams (one of the instructors) is the smartest Raptor guy on the planet. I'm sure he will have answers.

Redd7120

Reaction score
August 20-21 class

I am flying into the local airport and transportation in Tooele is not available. Is there anyone going to this class that can pick us up at airport? I'll buy the drinks!