Raptor Assault - debrief thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're on the path of planning a cool road trip. I did more in 2020 than I wrote about, and will do more on my upcoming trip. I love driving, and I love driving my Raptor. I've never owned a better vehicle for taking a road trip.

We drove to Florida in December, and put about 3,900 miles on it. Loved every minute of it! After my upcoming trip I'll have put more miles on my 22 in one year, than any of my previous Raptors. I drive a company vehicle, so the Raptor will often sit for 2-3 weeks at a time. It would be longer except I make excuses to drive it. Almost like the 16 year old with a new driver's license asking if mom needs him to go to the store for anything...lol.

Raptor Assault is a cool experience, and I guarantee you'll learn something about your truck, or at the very least you'll have a better understanding of some of the features and settings.
Yes...I'm thinking a cross country camping trip with the family later this summer, the kids would love to see a lot of the Dinosaur/excavation type things between Colorado and Utah, I'd love to see wildlife and do some hiking, I would love to get over to the west during hunting season, 2 days of the however many days we need out there could be Raptor Assault. I'd add my wife to the experience too, if she is going to be driving the Raptor here and there she better have the same education and experience I do!

mook5186

Reaction score
So I’m going to the assault in may I’ll be driving a long way so the wife and I are making the week of it. Definitely want to go to Moab and explore around. Just wondering if anyone can give some suggestion on some trail heads or some nice places to visit while in the area.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Yes...I'm thinking a cross country camping trip with the family later this summer, the kids would love to see a lot of the Dinosaur/excavation type things between Colorado and Utah, I'd love to see wildlife and do some hiking, I would love to get over to the west during hunting season, 2 days of the however many days we need out there could be Raptor Assault. I'd add my wife to the experience too, if she is going to be driving the Raptor here and there she better have the same education and experience I do!
Two words for you and the Family….
DURANGO COLORADO!!
I have a thread or two on here about Silverton, Durango Co area under Off-Roading Your Raptor. You will fall in love with Durango Area and the Million Dollar Highway
Ive been going there for 40+ years, Spectacular is an Understatement.
Off Roading / Hiking Paradise!
Lots for the kids to enjoy for both ya‘ll and the kids. A Narrow Gauge Railway Ridecfrom Durango to Silverton, white water rafting, biking galore. Outstanding food and sights in the old town area. You can run up the street to Purgatory Ski Resort wher you have numerous activities for thr kids and y’all. Take a Mnt bike up the Lift and ride the trails down, horseback riding, Alpine Slide and whatever else they are doing these days.
PM me if you want talk about some Family Friendly Raptoring and Hiking Trails there. Several other folks on here know the area well also.
Almost forgot, down the street also is Mesa Verde National Park, kids wil love touring the Cliff Dwellings
Have A Fantastic Adventure!

Thread 'Base Camp Durango - The Million Dollar Hwy, Silverton and Ouray...'
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...million-dollar-hwy-silverton-and-ouray.94629/

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
So I’m going to the assault in may I’ll be driving a long way so the wife and I are making the week of it. Definitely want to go to Moab and explore around. Just wondering if anyone can give some suggestion on some trail heads or some nice places to visit while in the area.
See below or PM me or @jzweedyk . He knows the Moab like he lives there..errr ohhh wait he does..lol

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two words for you and the Family….
DURANGO COLORADO!!
I have a thread or two on here about Silverton, Durango Co area under Off-Roading Your Raptor. You will fall in love with Durango Area and the Million Dollar Highway
Ive been going there for 40+ years, Spectacular is an Understatement.
Off Roading / Hiking Paradise!
Lots for the kids to enjoy for both ya‘ll and the kids. A Narrow Gauge Railway Ridecfrom Durango to Silverton, white water rafting, biking galore. Outstanding food and sights in the old town area. You can run up the street to Purgatory Ski Resort wher you have numerous activities for thr kids and y’all. Take a Mnt bike up the Lift and ride the trails down, horseback riding, Alpine Slide and whatever else they are doing these days.
PM me if you want talk about some Family Friendly Raptoring and Hiking Trails there. Several other folks on here know the area well also.
Almost forgot, down the street also is Mesa Verde National Park, kids wil love touring the Cliff Dwellings
Have A Fantastic Adventure!

Thread 'Base Camp Durango - The Million Dollar Hwy, Silverton and Ouray...'
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...million-dollar-hwy-silverton-and-ouray.94629/
What he said. Beautiful area I have a house up by lemon reservoir and love the area. Great hunting and fishing and just beautiful country. Try Real Texas bbq restaurant if you go there.