Raptor Assault - debrief thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 20-hr drive, and I'm going for my second time in June. I drove some of the trails we went on the day after Raptor Assault in 2020, and will likely do the same. Then I went to Moab and took a guided side by side tour with Epic 4x4, which I highly recommend. They modify their side by sides to make them more capable than stock. I went on obstacles (Poison Spider Trail) I never would have tried if I just rented one and wandered out by myself. This year I'm doing the Moab Rim. Then on to Colorado on the way back. Imogene Pass between Ouray and Telluride is easily doable in your Raptor and offers beautiful scenery. If you're like my wife (no offense) and you like beaches and palm trees, fly out and back, then take your beach vacation. As far as I'm concerned, except for the most die-hard Raptor off-road experienced guys, Raptor Assault is worth the money whether you tie it in with more, or just go for the one day event.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking is hitting a bunch of things while out west, I have stopping points in the mid west too that would be other things to try and do…I guess then how is the raptor on cross country journeys?? I’ve trailered 14 hours with my 2014 without a problem, these modern trucks I’m sure are wonderful just have to get it all setup and prepared for the journey

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking is hitting a bunch of things while out west, I have stopping points in the mid west too that would be other things to try and do…I guess then how is the raptor on cross country journeys?? I’ve trailered 14 hours with my 2014 without a problem, these modern trucks I’m sure are wonderful just have to get it all setup and prepared for the journey
Sounds like you're on the path of planning a cool road trip. I did more in 2020 than I wrote about, and will do more on my upcoming trip. I love driving, and I love driving my Raptor. I've never owned a better vehicle for taking a road trip.

We drove to Florida in December, and put about 3,900 miles on it. Loved every minute of it! After my upcoming trip I'll have put more miles on my 22 in one year, than any of my previous Raptors. I drive a company vehicle, so the Raptor will often sit for 2-3 weeks at a time. It would be longer except I make excuses to drive it. Almost like the 16 year old with a new driver's license asking if mom needs him to go to the store for anything...lol.

Raptor Assault is a cool experience, and I guarantee you'll learn something about your truck, or at the very least you'll have a better understanding of some of the features and settings.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I signed up for 3/29-3/30 class. Did you guys buy the extra insurance?
I didn't buy it. I checked with my insurance provider and my auto insurance covers it. I pay a small amount to cover me in other vehicles due to driving a company car. I'd recommend checking with your insurance. If you're a competent driver, there shouldn't be any issues. I'm not sure how a few people have crashed at Raptor Assault?

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy it. I checked with my insurance provider and my auto insurance covers it. I pay a small amount to cover me in other vehicles due to driving a company car. I'd recommend checking with your insurance. If you're a competent driver, there shouldn't be any issues. I'm not sure how a few people have crashed at Raptor Assault?
Thanks for your response. I think generally your insurance covers for example a rental car but I’m not sure how it shakes out in this situation where you are attending an off-road class with inherent risks associated with it.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
It's just too bad you can't do any of this without owning a new raptor already.. It would be nice to be able to do something like this to try out the 37 package or Recaros or even if it's worth going from a Gen 2 to a Gen 3. Like let me go out there again, do the class, and then pick from a selection of in stock trucks for MSRP lol
Nice write up. I'. heading back in June for the 4th time. They started selling guest spots - so anyone going can bring a guest for a guest fee of $1,500 -- yes $1,500. I guess it's cheaper then spending $85K for a truck .

The Holiday inn is a much better choice!

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I think generally your insurance covers for example a rental car but I’m not sure how it shakes out in this situation where you are attending an off-road class with inherent risks associated with it.

I skipped the insurance the second time since it comes with a $5,000 deductible.