Raptor Assault - debrief thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buddy and I are going on April 3rd.. anyone else sign up for that one? i cant wait as i missed the first round w my G2.. made sure i wasn't going to miss it this time.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My adult daughter and I are going in June. This will be my second time and her first. I'm currently planning stops in Moab, UT and Ouray, CO as well. Did a similar trip in 2020 after I bought my 19. I would go visit @John M BUNMAN but I don't like pinstripes...lol.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
My adult daughter and I are going in June. This will be my second time and her first. I'm currently planning stops in Moab, UT and Ouray, CO as well. Did a similar trip in 2020 after I bought my 19. I would go visit @John M BUNMAN but I don't like pinstripes...lol.
I have plenty of NO STRIPES TRAILS…, plus I carry a full Trail Maintenance Kit ;)
:buffer::driver::head3:

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you noticed any mechanical mods to thw jump truck? I know that 5ft of air moves the lower control arm adjustment, 10 ft bends the LCA brackets on the frame and 15 feet WILL bend and or break your stock frame. So did you see some frame plates, slot deletes, bump stops heavy duty brackets?

Thanlks fot thw sweet thread.. Im trying out the different drive modes and setting the walker tomorrow {trsil control}

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, it is good perspective...I am coming from the east coast...cost would be higher and likely my stay longer. Would you say it is worth it coming across the country for? My thought in order to come over for it would be make a bigger plan out of going to it, but there are a lot of other places to make a vacation out of if the main point is meh. Like someone said bringing their Raptor to Moab was the highlight....I think that would be my thought too but looking at 30hr drive....

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, it is good perspective...I am coming from the east coast...cost would be higher and likely my stay longer. Would you say it is worth it coming across the country for? My thought in order to come over for it would be make a bigger plan out of going to it, but there are a lot of other places to make a vacation out of if the main point is meh. Like someone said bringing their Raptor to Moab was the highlight....I think that would be my thought too but looking at 30hr drive....
I have a 20-hr drive, and I'm going for my second time in June. I drove some of the trails we went on the day after Raptor Assault in 2020, and will likely do the same. Then I went to Moab and took a guided side by side tour with Epic 4x4, which I highly recommend. They modify their side by sides to make them more capable than stock. I went on obstacles (Poison Spider Trail) I never would have tried if I just rented one and wandered out by myself. This year I'm doing the Moab Rim. Then on to Colorado on the way back. Imogene Pass between Ouray and Telluride is easily doable in your Raptor and offers beautiful scenery. If you're like my wife (no offense) and you like beaches and palm trees, fly out and back, then take your beach vacation. As far as I'm concerned, except for the most die-hard Raptor off-road experienced guys, Raptor Assault is worth the money whether you tie it in with more, or just go for the one day event.