Raptor and its future (EV Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am with you on the range, but it may not be as bad as some people think, I really do not know.

As for the submarine reference, it was within the context of the poster mentioning the military won't trust electric-powered vehicles over diesel-powered vehicles. It was not meant to be a comparison between an electric car and a submarine; I haven't lost my mind that much... well, yet! :p

So a while back, I took the kids to San Antonio (from Houston) for a couple days, then an off road park for a day or two just north of Austin. Then back to Houston. I could not do that with any EV that's currently available, not without having to make big adjustments to plans and spending hours at recharging stations.

Eh, I think it would be more accurate to say that the subs are nuclear powered, and indeed that's the term I've heard most. Yes, the turbines/motors may be electric, and it has some batteries on board, but the power comes from nuclear. Although to be fair, we really shouldn't call then EVs, but battery powered vehicles. All vehicles are electric, at least in part.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So a while back, I took the kids to San Antonio (from Houston) for a couple days, then an off road park for a day or two just north of Austin. Then back to Houston. I could not do that with any EV that's currently available, not without having to make big adjustments to plans and spending hours at recharging stations.

Eh, I think it would be more accurate to say that the subs are nuclear powered, and indeed that's the term I've heard most. Yes, the turbines/motors may be electric, and it has some batteries on board, but the power comes from nuclear. Although to be fair, we really shouldn't call then EVs, but battery powered vehicles. All vehicles are electric, at least in part.
Electric propulsion and Battery operated

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Electric propulsion and Battery operated

Gonna be a bit of a **** here (for fun)...but that's not right either.

I believe the act of turning wheels in order to move the object forward is ground propulsion, since the ground is actually doing the pushing.

And....I don't think it's technically battery operated, unless it's self driving. Otherwise, human operated.

And I am not very fun at parties...

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably not aware that the biggest and most critical military vehicles are EVs; think aircraft carriers and submarines. Also, they sail out for months. I guess the military thinks they are reliable enough.
All I have to say is...NERD!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all for EV. Look at a train.....gobs of torque on the ready.........produced by an onsite diesel motor :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let’s face it. Electric motors are powerful and provide instant power. But the reality is, they are power hungry as well. We couldn’t do any of this EV or Hybrid vehicle stuff without the lithium battery. There will have to be further tech past this to really move forward in great strides.

The charging as well has to be enhanced. And then it all goes against this beautiful grid we have.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I believe the act of turning wheels in order to move the object forward is ground propulsion, since the ground is actually doing the pushing.

And....I don't think it's technically battery operated, unless it's self driving. Otherwise, human operated.

Agreed! Lol

I concur lol

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mee tooo....

People say they dig holes to plants flowers/shrubs

It is a dent in the Earth, holes go all the way through

Yeah...I'm that guy