raptor 5.4 swap to LS or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading they had a ton of problems and a lack of support. Basically any problem with them put them out of commission due to lack of dealership support, mechanic knowledge and supply chain issues. I had a coworker who bought one of those Nissans with the Cummins and he traded for F250 like 4 months later because he hated it so much. Anecdotal, I know but still.
A quick search points to mostly Nissan induced problems, and things that anyone who wanted to hop this motor up would tune out, ie the def system.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick search points to mostly Nissan induced problems, and things that anyone who wanted to hop this motor up would tune out, ie the def system.
I mean it doesn't shock me that a Nissan would have problems. I trust in Cummins generally, so take it for what its worth.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean it doesn't shock me that a Nissan would have problems. I trust in Cummins generally, so take it for what its worth.
I think part of it that they werent a great seller because they only had 1000lbs more capacity then their gas counter part and were considerably more expensive than the gasser too. Nissan Titans are probably the least selling full-size truck to begin with so

FENNEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an LS6 in my 2012 Jeep JKU. Awesome conversion, but cost me 25,000 smackers (13,500 for the junker engine and L1680 tranny with 13k miles alone). Nothing in Moab could stop it with 4:88 gears, lockers front & back. It was a bitch to get in and set up correctly, but man, was it awesome.

Not sure I would taint a Raptor with such Hullabaloo. Just go find an old blown Ford big block 427.
It's not cheap, but so unique and badass. The cost of a new TRX or Raptor R make it easier to justify the spend ona swap if you want something crazy. I am leaning towards a built voodoo motor with 488s. Lower gearing putting that thing right in its powerband with the ability to spin and rev extremely fast. I'm very intrigued.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a 2023 Ford Raptor but it could still be done in a Gen 1. Anything is possible with the right amount of money put in the right place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20