Raptor 11 month review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far it has been great overall, i do hate the sound! Power is fine for me. I bought an 800a to see if i would miss the stuff. Antcto save 15k.
Took it on a 4200 mile trip and averaged about 17.8 mpg. not bad i guess. the seats are very comfortable, prob my fav thing about the truck. Only option i wish i had was the bigger touch screen. Other stuff i have t missed at alll! Do wish i had the metal oil pan, if thats starts being trouble i will trade for sure. Ford has too many recalls !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far it has been great overall, i do hate the sound! Power is fine for me. I bought an 800a to see if i would miss the stuff. Antcto save 15k.
Took it on a 4200 mile trip and averaged about 17.8 mpg. not bad i guess. the seats are very comfortable, prob my fav thing about the truck. Only option i wish i had was the bigger touch screen. Other stuff i have t missed at alll! Do wish i had the metal oil pan, if thats starts being trouble i will trade for sure. Ford has too many recalls !!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you still like it, mine is 4 days old. The plastic oil pan was almost a deal breaker for me, mine actually has the aluminum pan luckily. What octane fuel were you running to get that mileage?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear you still like it, mine is 4 days old. The plastic oil pan was almost a deal breaker for me, mine actually has the aluminum pan luckily. What octane fuel were you running to get that mileage?

I’ve got 48k on my plastic pan with no issues. It’s been the dunes 3 times and through hundreds of miles of orv routes. No issues with anything this far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sobiloff

Reaction score
I’ve got 48k on my plastic pan with no issues. It’s been the dunes 3 times and through hundreds of miles of orv routes. No issues with anything this far

Glad it's working well for you! However, it hasn't worked well for a significant number of people (including me) and apparently it's cheaper for Ford to use a more robust metal pan than to keep replacing cracked plastic ones.

Now, I don't think a plastic pan rises to the level of a deal-breaker, but it's certainly a weak point to be aware of and keep an eye on.

@cain072567 : Glad you're happy with your truck!

BendSprinter

Reaction score
I have had three Jeeps. A couple of loaded Grand Cherokees and currently a built up Wrangler 4 door. If your complaining about Ford recalls stay away from FCA! They don't even compare. As a side note, the Wrangler has a warranty item that needs to be repaired - dealership is 6 weeks out on appointments. None have left me stranded ever though.

Love my Raptor!