Raptized Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my tranny cooler from 4 row to 6 rows. Part number Dorman 918-234. Fits in stock location, ten minute process. Compress the clamps to release the hoses. I took the top one off first and curled it back into the hole to keep from spilling fluid while undoing the bottom hose. Reconnect both hoses and slide left to right back into place. BOOM! 50% more cooling area for the tranny. Looks clean with the horns relocated. Now for a power steering cooler for the passenger side.

Also added kicker tweeters in the pillars.

Been looking at doing the cooler upgrade. Did you have to add more trans fluid? Let us know if you see a difference.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at doing the cooler upgrade. Did you have to add more trans fluid? Let us know if you see a difference.

I measured what dumped out of mine and it was minimal. I didn't add anymore as I am due for my tranny flush and filter change in 400 miles. I also installed the B&M locking tranny dipstick and it is registering in the normal hot area. Minimal to me is less than a shot glass.

Difference so far is I have yet to reach 175 on the thermostat.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I looked up that B&M dipstick. Adding to the parts list as we speak.