RappyGraphics 25% off - Rockymountain 15% off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the durability of the decals from Rappy? I think they look awesome, but wonder if you need to avoid power washing etc ...?

Thanks!
I ordered the carbon fiber B pillar overlay from Rappy but haven’t installed it yet. That said, the quality of the decal from RMG, it was 3M 1080, for my Ford grill letters and the head and tail light decals are way superior to the ones from Rappy. I’ll snap a pic and send out later today.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
I ordered the carbon fiber B pillar overlay from Rappy but haven’t installed it yet. That said, the quality of the decal from RMG, it was 3M 1080, for my Ford grill letters and the head and tail light decals are way superior to the ones from Rappy. I’ll snap a pic and send out later today.

Well my Rappy carbon pillars arrived today and were promptly installed. The RMG were better packaged and the decals themselves seemed better quality with double sided barriers (think sticker on backer with backer on top as well).

The Rappy pillars adhesive was much easier to work with but the decals were only single sided barrier. Not sure if their bumper letters would be single sided or not, the pillars definitely were single. I used the same sprayer of slip solution on both and the Rappy were easier to work with. Overall Im happy with both but RMG was much faster to ship.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well my Rappy carbon pillars arrived today and were promptly installed. The RMG were better packaged and the decals themselves seemed better quality with double sided barriers (think sticker on backer with backer on top as well).

The Rappy pillars adhesive was much easier to work with but the decals were only single sided barrier. Not sure if their bumper letters would be single sided or not, the pillars definitely were single. I used the same sprayer of slip solution on both and the Rappy were easier to work with. Overall Im happy with both but RMG was much faster to ship.

What is a double sided barrier? My Rappy decals have a clear overlay on all of them.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Decal sandwich, barrier/decal/barrier. My pillar graphics only had one barrier or backer. No clear top layer to remove.

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decal sandwich, barrier/decal/barrier. My pillar graphics only had one barrier or backer. No clear top layer to remove.
What slip solution did you use? I still haven’t installed my Carson B pillars yet and I’m thinking that would make it significantly easier.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Funny my RMG decals look like they were packed by an angry child. Crumpled up, stuck to each other in a Manila envelope. They however were very responsive in sending out a 2nd set of decals (which I haven’t received so the jury’s still out...).

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
What slip solution did you use? I still haven’t installed my Carson B pillars yet and I’m thinking that would make it significantly easier.

RMG's recipe was (iirc) 20oz water with 1/2 tsp blue dawn dishsoap and 1/2 tsp isopropyl alcohol. Ive always used a few drops of plain yellow baby shampoo in the past but this worked about the same. Wasnt sure if the alcohol was there for the adhesive or not so I went with the RMG mix.

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RMG's recipe was (iirc) 20oz water with 1/2 tsp blue dawn dishsoap and 1/2 tsp isopropyl alcohol. Ive always used a few drops of plain yellow baby shampoo in the past but this worked about the same. Wasnt sure if the alcohol was there for the adhesive or not so I went with the RMG mix.
Ok thanks! Since their decals for the head and tail lights as well as the Ford grill logo we’re all 3M 1080, I opted not to use anything. My wrap lady said you shouldn’t use any solution with those because the 1080 is pressure sensitive for its application and doesn’t require anything. The B pillar decal from Rappy however think it could use some solution.

Last edited: