GEN 2 Rant: Why is the gen 3 so ugly?? Passing up a free chance to upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this guy is trolling, trying to upset the guys who have been waiting months and months to get their dream gen 3 truck and say he could get it almost free but is going to pass cause he doesnt like the ”looks”. Then ask “what would you guys do?” He knows what everyone on here would do!! No one would pass it up.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
...He knows what everyone on here would do!! No one would pass it up.
I believe you are wrong: I am REALLY thinking of passing up the Gen 3 just based on look. I never purchased a car/truck before just because it "feels" good. I had to like the looks 100%.

Last edited:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came very close to trading my 2019 and was on the fence (although it certainly wasn’t free lol). While I agree hands down that the Gen 2 exterior takes the cake, the new interior gauges and infotainment are much nicer on the Gen 3 than ours (aside from the mechanized “arousal” shifter that they put in it). But the incentives are there…I mean with the surging used car prices, I was astonished at what the dealer was offering me for my Gen 2 (at 45k miles the two local stealerships I went to appraised the trade in value at $61k and $66k, respectively. I’m at 51k miles now and will patiently wait for the R to go on sale before I consider it again.

Attachments

• E10AD669-F3DB-4FAD-94D0-7DB8AEDEBB58.png
    E10AD669-F3DB-4FAD-94D0-7DB8AEDEBB58.png
    412.7 KB · Views: 38

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the Gen3 isn't as sexy, the soft lines and marker lights kill it for me, the suspension meh who cares you can upgrade a Gen2, but I’ll likely look at one once things die out as I want to sell my Gen 2 before I put too many miles on it and the resale suffers, just makes sense to upgrade at some point due to the fact that parts get discontinued