GEN 2 Rant: Why is the gen 3 so ugly?? Passing up a free chance to upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do the free upgrade all day long for sure. I like the gen1 trade offer myself. I don't have anywhere near those miles and I'll work for 2 weeks for free if they want my Gen1 with 117k miles lol

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the OP, Gen2 definitely looks better, more chiseled. Continue to hold out until they bring the SCAB back. We don't need to be SCREWed with the extra bulk and weight.

KevRoq

Reaction score
I'd jump on it, I picked mine up Monday and it's rides so much smoother, suspension is blissful and the ergonomics and interior are a big plus

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking a Gen 3 at next to zero cost, that would appreciate in value the second you sign the papers, and is upgraded over gen 2 in just about every way doesn't sound like a good deal to me either.

Stupid is as stupid does

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so they will give you a 2023 for your 2020 straight up just because? So do you have to give then your truck now and they will give your the 2023 when it arrives sometime in the future????

Alcohol or drugs were involved in this post. Unless you left out Rousch or Shelby mods and your truck new was 115k.
Yeah, it went from straight up trade, to well....

Also still hasn't named the dealer.....

billy8

Reaction score
I have a dealer that is willing to let me upgrade to a gen 3 for free, though I would have to pay extra for the 37’s. I went by and looked at a couple yesterday and they ruined the looks of the truck. The grill now sucks, the rounded fender extensions are no longer chiseled, the rear brake lights are ugly and the interior looks mismatched and non uniform.

It’s so bad that I think I will pass on upgrading, though I would love 37’s and that rear suspension.

What would you guys do if you could upgrade from a 2020 to a 2023 at no cost?
Why is the dealer willing to do this? This literally makes no sense. They’d give you a brand new truck for a used truck that’s worth give it take $25k less? This has to be a joke.