GEN 2 Rant: Why is the gen 3 so ugly?? Passing up a free chance to upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy a Raptor to do Raptor things , Gen 3 Suspension is the difference that matters ! I still have my Gen 2 , but have a Gen 3 on order . The Gen 3 hands down is a better Raptor .

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some guys think the Gen 2 is ugly- with it's super aggro, pointy everything styling.

Aggressive, pointy auto bodies will be like the the fog lamp LED rings that every vehicle had 10 years ago. When the Hyundai Elantra has headlights that look like it wants to kick your ass and mop the floor with your unconscious body- that's when you know aggro styling has jumped the shark. We got another 5 years or so, but the next round of vehicles will seal the deal on that look being tired.

Ford made the right move going away from the aggro look for the front end.

OP
OP
TurboTJ

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that. I’ve driven my Gen 2 from Florida to Moab twice. 14/15mpg cruise control 80-90mph. Maybe with a tune it would be better but aside from an onboard train horn kit I’m bone stock. Yes it was also a tour of the fine gas stations of America but let’s be real.. she’s no Prius and damn proud of it lol
I posted my fill up logs directly above your post. Take a look.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some guys think the Gen 2 is ugly- with it's super aggro, pointy everything styling.

Aggressive, pointy auto bodies will be like the the fog lamp LED rings that every vehicle had 10 years ago. When the Hyundai Elantra has headlights that look like it wants to kick your ass and mop the floor with your unconscious body- that's when you know aggro styling has jumped the shark. We got another 5 years or so, but the next round of vehicles will seal the deal on that look being tired.

Ford made the right move going away from the aggro look for the front end.
Completely agree and obviously looks are subjective. The new Raptor is clearly better off-road. It’s just hard to be excited to order a new truck that you find ugly. I really want to like it but just can’t.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted my fill up logs directly above your post. Take a look.

Completely agree and obviously looks are subjective. The new Raptor is clearly better off-road. It’s just hard to be excited to order a new truck that you find ugly. I really want to like it but just can’t.
Wow! I took a look at the logs and I’m baffled. Is yours tuned?

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the look of my Gen3, Personally for me its Gen1>Gen3>Gen2. I dig the softer styling on the Gen3, the interior is super nice, love the infotainment and gadgets. I think once a few more option on flare fenders come out will put the Gen3 back on top. They also look much better once you put a set of 37's on it.

Attachments

• 20170927_064312.jpg
    20170927_064312.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220219_070253.jpg
    20220219_070253.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 18