Ranger Raptor sighting in Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennypowers

Reaction score
I think the target buyers are completely different for each. You either want a full size truck or a small one...I highly doubt they would have any effect on each other. I think it would be sweet if these came to the states!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the target buyers are completely different for each. You either want a full size truck or a small one...I highly doubt they would have any effect on each other. I think it would be sweet if these came to the states!
I agree to a certain point...as price point gets closer between the two, some might decide to move up to the full size..
That being said, other then the what I consider a less then powerful engine, I think the RR is pretty cool....I mean the RR has coils in the rear with a Watts linkage...and 33" tires...it would be very cool if there was a Torsen front diff to be had...

LeCreaux

Reaction score
I'm not sure the Ranger really would cannibalize F-150 buyers. It's a frivolous purchase no matter how you look at it, nobody really needs a Raptor. I know a lot of people here in Texas who do want the Raptor but could never buy the F-150 version because of its size. They need to fit in garages, parking spots, and squeeze through heavy city traffic. The Ranger version should reach buyers who otherwise couldn't justify a Raptor at all.

I wonder if GM or Toyota raised prices on their Sierras, Silverados, and Tundras to compensate for the Canyon, Colorado, and Tacoma. Just my opinion, but I'd think buyers would only be in the market for what size they need or nothing.

Last edited:

757Nomad

Reaction score
I'm not sure the Ranger really would cannibalize F-150 buyers. It's a frivolous purchase no matter how you look at it, nobody really needs a Raptor, so its negatives can't outweigh its awesomeness. I know a lot of people here in Texas who want the Raptor but could never buy the F-150 version because of its size. They need to fit in garages, parking spots, and squeeze through heavy city traffic. The Ranger version should reach buyers who otherwise couldn't justify splurging on a Raptor at all.

I wonder if GM or Toyota raised prices on their Sierras, Silverados, and Tundras to compensate for the Canyon, Colorado, and Tacoma. Just my opinion, but I'd think buyers would only be in the market for what size they need or nothing.

That's my thinking as well. I love the F-150 Raptor but not driving it through cities. And forget about a parking garage. The Ranger Raptor would be a cool alternative truck for driving through cities and getting into the parking garages our full size Raptors can't fit into. They both have their place and target markets. I think pricing would reflect an overlap with the F-150 Raptor but close not enough to move someone from one to the other. I'm always open to cool new vehicle options stateside.