Ranger Raptor sighting in Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not really a HUGE deal, I know, but I was on my way back from getting more salt for the driveway and saw a Ranger Raptor on the back of a truck. He was on the move, so I only had seconds to get the phone and snap a couple pics, but I thought it was kind of interesting. Who knows... Maybe those are Transit Raptors on the trailer behind it! Lol20190213_112548.jpg 20190213_112602.jpg

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously a hauler for testing vehicles. Not entirely uncommon around here. Personally, I hope the Ranger Raptor never makes it stateside.

Thanks for sharing!

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well, let me put it this way.... What do you suppose is more likely? Ford competitively prices the RR so that it doesn't encroach on the F150 Raptor price point? Or that Ford increases the price of the F150 Raptor to make room for both vehicles in the same market?

With a fully loaded Ranger Lariat pushing $50k (and the Platinum isn't even available yet), it would be hard to see an 802a equivalent RR priced below ~$65k. And I doubt Ford would want one Raptor cannibalizing the sales of another, soooooooo.... F150 Raptor price increase.

And I can hardly blame Ford, they will charge what the market can bear. But, personally, I have zero intent to ever consider a RR. So it's in my best interest for the RR to remain a foreign trim. But I will admit that is my 100% selfish opinion.

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pierce,

Assuming you already own a Raptor, following your logic, I'd be inclined to wish for the Ranger Raptor to show up here. If F150 Raptor MSRP rises to make room for the Ranger, we'd likely see a plus side to our residuals.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pierce,

Assuming you already own a Raptor, following your logic, I'd be inclined to wish for the Ranger Raptor to show up here. If F150 Raptor MSRP rises to make room for the Ranger, we'd likely see a plus side to our residuals.

Except that's a one-off. Your residual might rise, but that will be immediately offset during trade-in when you pay more for a new truck.

And I do plan on purchasing more than one in my lifetime.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, let me put it this way.... What do you suppose is more likely? Ford competitively prices the RR so that it doesn't encroach on the F150 Raptor price point? Or that Ford increases the price of the F150 Raptor to make room for both vehicles in the same market?

With a fully loaded Ranger Lariat pushing $50k (and the Platinum isn't even available yet), it would be hard to see an 802a equivalent RR priced below ~$65k. And I doubt Ford would want one Raptor cannibalizing the sales of another, soooooooo.... F150 Raptor price increase.

And I can hardly blame Ford, they will charge what the market can bear. But, personally, I have zero intent to ever consider a RR. So it's in my best interest for the RR to remain a foreign trim. But I will admit that is my 100% selfish opinion.

I don't see the Ranger Raptor occupying the 70k price point. Ford doesn't need it to charge more, just look at how much more a fully loaded 2019 is than a 2018

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see Ford pushing for the Ranger Raptor soon as the Tacoma TRD Pro needs some competition. I just don’t see how they are going to keep the pricing in line with how expensive the new Rangers are.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Point taken...thanks