Random soft ticking sound??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wastegate rattle sound is most prominent behind the front drivers side tire if that helps. Goes away when warm and gets easier to ignore over time. I don’t notice it anymore. Kind of like when you turn a Subaru on and the motor sounds like it’s transforming into a deceptacon for a few seconds.
I guess I'll give it time and see if it changes. I never had the noise until a week ago. I only have 17K on it, maybe it has loosened up. It definitely sounds like it's low on drivers side. The odd thing is it never does it long enough for me to try to pin it down. From what you guys are saying it sound like it's probably the wastegate, nice to know it's not something to worry about. Thanks for the responses.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you guys called this correctly. That would explain how it was dead quiet when I started it earlier, after it sat overnight. Also, why it seems to be very inconsistent on when it makes the ticking noise. I guess maybe it varies, depending how much heat soak is on the waste gate. Dead silent on cold start.