Random Question/Opinion Requested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me ask my crystal ball and I will get back to you in 10 years, when all cars are electric.
Man, tough crowd. 99% of replies on posts around here are the standard "opinions are like a$$holes".... Guy (me) comes asking for just that, and I get the one guy with the dripping sarcasm who must be the one making up the other 1%. (I can neither confirm nor deny my statistics are accurate)

Thanks for playing.

;)

agerman

Reaction score
In my opinion the raptor will hold value better seeing as it’s a truck and a special model. While mopar has its own following I don’t know that it will apply to the suvs but I could be wrong. I am a fan of their motor but everything around it, I am not. They fall apart from what I hear and have proven so in the used models I’ve driven.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No clue…based on my gut alone, I vote Raptor. I think it would hold its value better for the short and mid term. More production, but more sought after.

>7-8 years I’d think that discontinued hellcat engine would make it a rare bird. But sometimes people don’t give a $h!t about birds. Ha.

If you need three rows…..then I suppose the point is moot.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, tough crowd. 99% of replies on posts around here are the standard "opinions are like a$$holes".... Guy (me) comes asking for just that, and I get the one guy with the dripping sarcasm who must be the one making up the other 1%. (I can neither confirm nor deny my statistics are accurate)

Thanks for playing.

;)
Broski, you came to a Raptor forum for an opinion about a Raptor or a Dodge, I should of just said Raptor like everybody else. When the Gen 2's came out, all the mods here and experts said the Gen 1 values were going to tank in the sewer, guess what, no they didn't, there was only 1 or 2 of us that disagreed with the general consensus. Some things catch on, while other things don't, it takes time to find out. That's why when you invest, you don't put everything in one stock or equity. If you didn't get the answer you were looking for, here, I hope you at least got a laugh out of it.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broski, you came to a Raptor forum for an opinion about a Raptor or a Dodge, I should of just said Raptor like everybody else. When the Gen 2's came out, all the mods here and experts said the Gen 1 values were going to tank in the sewer, guess what, no they didn't, there was only 1 or 2 of us that disagreed with the general consensus. Some things catch on, while other things don't, it takes time to find out. That's why when you invest, you don't put everything in one stock or equity. If you didn't get the answer you were looking for, here, I hope you at least got a laugh out of it.
@CoronaRaptor - Thanks. That makes sense and I agree that only time will tell, was just curious what everyone's opinion was. Asking for a friend who is in the market for both. Tough call, IMO, since the Durango Hellcat is such a limited quantity.

Full disclosure, I do feel bad now though that you won't have a reason to go play with your (crystal) balls. :p

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor - Thanks. That makes sense and I agree that only time will tell, was just curious what everyone's opinion was. Asking for a friend who is in the market for both. Tough call, IMO, since the Durango Hellcat is such a limited quantity.

Full disclosure, I do feel bad now though that you won't have a reason to go play with your (crystal) balls. :p
1641344585047.png

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say Raptor would hold it's value more. But they're all depreciating assets at the end of the day

I get that the Hellcat is going away, but there are so many Hellcat available vehicles and they always end up at Buy Here Pay Here places

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It is a tough call, that no one can fully/accurately predict. Which I think it retaining value probably should be a deciding factor in which vehicle you pick if deciding between the two.