RAM TRX vs. Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatagoniaDan

Reaction score
“When you go off-roading with a TRX, make sure you bring a friend with a Raptor”

It’s all in jest, but funny that the whole debacle was captured on YouTube. His comments about overall handling and stability was interesting. Sometimes more isn’t more and makes me appreciate the overall engineering that Ford put into the truck. My gripe about the lawnmower engine sound still stands though...

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched a video that someone posted on FRF (I think) a few weeks back of a Gen 1 on an off road course. It sounded AWESOME. I instantly thought, "Should I start considering the Raptor-R down the road?" Then I hopped in my Gen 2 and put it through some off-road paces. I still think that the sound of the Gen 2 matches the light, nimble, and responsive feel of the tuck. I don't know that the V8 sound would have that same affect. Just my opinion, which can change...

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched a video that someone posted on FRF (I think) a few weeks back of a Gen 1 on an off road course. It sounded AWESOME. I instantly thought, "Should I start considering the Raptor-R down the road?" Then I hopped in my Gen 2 and put it through some off-road paces. I still think that the sound of the Gen 2 matches the light, nimble, and responsive feel of the tuck. I don't know that the V8 sound would have that same affect. Just my opinion, which can change...

I feel the same way. That’s why trucks like the TRX don’t appeal to me.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel the same way. That’s why trucks like the TRX don’t appeal to me.
Bahahahhaha I kinda sorta get what you’re saying but in a vacuum it sounds asinine

What other “trucks like the TRX that don’t appeal to you” are out there? I mean....only ones that come to mind are the Raptor gen1/gen2 & maybe the power wagon...but that’s a stretch lol

there is no other truck “like a TRX” & the closest damn thing is a gen2 Raptor & that’s bout it lol

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I watched his follow-up video, “ What Broke on my POS TRX” Ben tries to say how “responsive” on the ball, BLAH BLAH BLAH Dodge and the dealership was for his poor Broken POS TRX, they gave him a Limited as a loaner
The only reason that POS TRX isn’t sitting in a F$&@ed up Dodge Dealership for 2 months is “Ben” has 100k+ YouTube followers, otherwise they would say FU here’s your Dart to pimp around in for 3days then we want it back!!
My daughters POS Challenger’s transmission broke, covered under their “Lifetime Warranty” and it was in the shop for 2 FNING Months. They did offer her a rental for 5 days, after it sat there for 2 weeks before they ever looked at it!! 215 Dodge/Ram in Las Vegas really stands by their Absolute Crap that they sell. “ No Offense, With All Due Respect” and yes... I did tell my daughter, told you so,her brothers Mustang’s block cracked with 80k miles and ESP Replaced it after going through it with a fine tooth comb looking for mods and checking the service records. That is all...

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I’m with you Mike, Nothing sounds like my 2010 Gen-1 did with that Flowmaster. It especially sounded great, like a stock car, when the exhaust broke off at the cat with 150k miles on it, Boulder Crawling in Sedona. I strapped it on the roof and drove around Sedona like that for 3-days getting evil glares from the “Beautiful People”
200k on my Gen-1, 25k on my 2019 and surprisingly, I LOVE my Gen-2 even more than my 1st True Love, Gen-1. Nothing comes close!