Rallycross, Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rallycroos is fun for sure! The Raptor usually does not fit into any class very well and is uncompetitive. But you can have lots of fun. I did not do any rallycrosses my self but there was a guy in the Detroit reign that did and he was a crowd pleaser.

I know it’s on hold for now but call the organizers and see what they say.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out this has been nixed by the Mrs., for now. But not for the reason you'd expect. We live in a extreme Covid hotspot right now and she's afraid I'll come home sick and kill her parents or something. So, I guess this will have to wait until Spring '21. Definitely doing the first event that comes up next year, so long as a giant asteroid doesn't wipe us all out before then. Screw 2020.
Or you can do it then self quarantine for two weeks somewhere to prevent any risk to your family. Just you and your Raptor self quarantining preferably outdoors away from everyone. That’s a win-win.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rallycross is a blast and Raptors do much better than people may think. I went to around 6 or 7 events with my Gen 1. Locally, we had enough Raptors attend they even created a separate category for us. After we ran, the event coordinators had to tell all the other drivers NOT to get air over the jumps or they will damage their cars. A few didn't listen and regretted it. And for those that think Raptors won't be competitive with the other vehicles running since we are like Bulls in a China shop, I'd suggest you work on your driver mod. I finished 5th out of 30 vehicles, not too bad for a 6k pound truck on a tight course. If you have the opportunity to give it a try, do it!

image.jpg4_zpsqstqqd31 (2).jpg image.jpg2_zpsdyrclfcq.jpg imagejpg5_zps0b1d9a64.jpg image.jpg1_zpscy0ooelt (1).jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rallycross is a blast and Raptors do much better than people may think. I went to around 6 or 7 events with my Gen 1. Locally, we had enough Raptors attend they even created a separate category for us. After we ran, the event coordinators had to tell all the other drivers NOT to get air over the jumps or they will damage their cars. A few didn't listen and regretted it. And for those that think Raptors won't be competitive with the other vehicles running since we are like Bulls in a China shop, I'd suggest you work on your driver mod. I finished 5th out of 30 vehicles, not too bad for a 6k pound truck on a tight course. If you have the opportunity to give it a try, do it!

View attachment 156072 View attachment 156073 View attachment 156074 View attachment 156076
Did you add more air in the tires so you would slide better in the corners and not flip as easy?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you add more air in the tires so you would slide better in the corners and not flip as easy?
i usually never air down unless im in the sand. i run 44psi everywhere. truck is not hard to slide. control might be an issue for some but with the stuff we do at our events, its pretty much like im back in the rally circuit. definitely dont want to ballon the tires, so i wouldnt air up. however having more pressure does help compared to airing down. too easy to lose a bead if you arent careful

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i usually never air down unless im in the sand. i run 44psi everywhere. truck is not hard to slide. control might be an issue for some but with the stuff we do at our events, its pretty much like im back in the rally circuit. definitely dont want to ballon the tires, so i wouldnt air up. however having more pressure does help compared to airing down. too easy to lose a bead if you arent careful
Yes, I always ran around 44 psi, the new guys these days like to run 34-36psi for some reason. I'm guessing the softer ride at the mall. That's why I asked @Big Blue , figured he was running the old pressures back then of 44psi as well.