Rainbow Mountain Wilderness-Paharump, NV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I took a ride up to Lovell Canyon in the Rainbow Mnt Wilderness to escape the heat. It’s all above 5K ft so it never got above 88.
Raptor on a Razor Trail? Yes I ventured up a trail I’d never been on and wasn’t on the Map. It turned out to be a MFER in the Raptor. Never Again on this one. I enjoy the “Scenic” trails w/o fear of severe damage or death! I started sliding off the Ridge, got that sinking feeling, this is going to hurt. I was able to use the Trail Cruse Control in 4Low with the rear locked and was able to pull myself back onto the Ridge.
The 30 degree climbs at Raptor Assault were “fun”, On Pavement. The 22degree hills that I had to negotiate in loose rock/sand with roll-over edges on both sides were “Exciting” but not fun.
Lots of new pinstripes to work on :(
Granted I’m worth more dead than alive, but I promised my Granddaughter the Raptor. I’m sure she would prefer it in “One Piece” :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::buffer:
875ED4E6-EDDC-46DB-BED6-A69DC8BEB8A4.jpegE502526B-5C67-47B1-8CDF-9C98EDDDB0E7.jpeg872FE978-48E3-4EB0-81B2-209689B2BC1E.jpegEBC1A862-B917-47D5-B5B4-8E76C9AC2523.jpeg845FFF69-1BDF-45FD-A710-48FE3D0D14CB.jpeg:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::buffer:

Last edited:
OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Nice landscape.

Sounds like plenty of pucker factor!
It was very beautiful, a nice change from the low desert, butttt, not a lot of fun, I really don’t know how I escaped w/o body damage. I had to cut tree limbs in order to make 3-Point turns :rolleyes::mad:
The worst thing is, that little voice told me “Bad Idea” b4 I ventured into the No-Turn around point. :banghead::banghead:

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Looks like a jeep trail! Beautiful scenery up there. So do bring a hatchet with you as part of your recovery gear?
:anitoof: Hatchet! Haaa haaa , I have a hatchet, tree-saw, 3- Machetes an axe and Lg Pruning Shears :banana-mario::banana-mario: Oh and yes I’ve had to use them all one time or another…lol :)

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:anitoof: Hatchet! Haaa haaa , I have a hatchet, tree-saw, 3- Machetes an axe and Lg Pruning Shears :banana-mario::banana-mario: Oh and yes I’ve had to use them all one time or another…lol :)
I pack a Dewalt Cordless Chainsaw. Makes that kind of work go a lot faster and everyone is always impressed that it's cordless....haha