Rain Sensing wipers Don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez .. rain sensing wipers have been around for years. works fine on my wife's car and we had on other vehicles. This wil be my first Ford and I am starting to be concerned about Ford's ability to integrate already proven technology

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to my post above.

My rain sensing wipers now work!

I was dicking around with FORscan and came across this post. It moves some of the settings from the center touch screen to the gauge cluster screen to now be changed with steering wheel controls. It includes the vehicle/wipers/rain sensing setting, but it was off in the new location and on in the old location. I turned it on in the new gauge screen location and Bob's your uncle.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to my post above.

I was dicking around with FORscan and came across this post. It moves some of the settings from the center touch screen to the gauge cluster screen to now be changed with steering wheel controls. It includes the vehicle/wipers/rain sensing setting, but it was off in the new location and on in the old location. I turned it on in the new gauge screen location and Bob's your uncle.
So you need to hack the truck in order to get them to work?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update to my post above.

Interesting, so it’s a software glitch. I’d suspect we’ll be seeing a Service Message released soon with new software. Maybe even an Over-The-Air update!

CME73

Reaction score
I had the same issue, I just happened to find a dtc about it when I hooked it up to forescan for the first time. I noticed it was disabled in the sccm even though it was enabled through sync. I enabled it and now it seems to be working.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well at least you found it and said the Ford dealer telling you the rain isn’t wet enough…lol

I have to say this may be the ultimate first world problem.

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
I had the same problem that I tested and checked multiple times. Surprisingly I was in the truck today with it raining and decided to try the setting in the center screen once more. When I went to the rain sensing setting it was disabled, which I know I left enabled. It enabled it and everything started working as I expected and the wipers even completely stopped when it stopped raining. This had to have been solved through a software push or I have a faulty unit that decided to start working after 2 months. I do have automatic updates turned on.

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
I had the same problem that I tested and checked multiple times. Surprisingly I was in the truck today with it raining and decided to try the setting in the center screen once more. When I went to the rain sensing setting it was disabled, which I know I left enabled. It enabled it and everything started working as I expected and the wipers even completely stopped when it stopped raining. This had to have been solved through a software push or I have a faulty unit that decided to start working after 2 months. I do have automatic updates turned on.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Same here. Something changed. Works perfectly now.