Rain Sensing wipers Don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has an issue with their Gen 3 rain sensing wipers not sensing. My wipers work fine if I turn them on and off but they do not come on when it rains and yes I have them on in the settings. I will take it into Ford but I am just curious if it is just on mine or if others have had the same issue.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same issue - I tried the thing where someone took the rearview mirror thing off. Didn't do anything. Yes, I checked in the screen too.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. I have the setting on in the vehicle/wipers/rain sensing setting on the center screen, and if my wipers are set at 0/A bottom position it does nothing. I read that is normal. But even if I put it on the single rain drop position the wipers perk up about an inch prior to the first wipe and then stay on as a slow intermittent wipes until I turn them back to the off 0/A position. As I up the rotations on the stick it has less delay between wipes, but nothing auto or rain sensing happens. I tried running a sprinkler over the windshield this morning, tried all positions of the rotational stalk. Nothing changes unless I rotate the stalk, only slower or faster, with and without water on the windshield.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. I have the setting on in the vehicle/wipers/rain sensing setting on the center screen, and if my wipers are set at 0/A bottom position it does nothing. I read that is normal. But even if I put it on the single rain drop position the wipers perk up about an inch prior to the first wipe and then stay on as a slow intermittent wipes until I turn them back to the off 0/A position. As I up the rotations on the stick it has less delay between wipes, but nothing auto or rain sensing happens. I tried running a sprinkler over the windshield this morning, tried all positions of the rotational stalk. Nothing changes unless I rotate the stalk, only slower or faster, with and without water on the windshield.
I also noticed that sometimes when I start my truck, the wipers will turn on one time.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think the rain sensing technology over-all is a little sketchy. I’ve got 3 vehicles with it (including the Raptor) and they all don’t really work like they probably should. Three different makes, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it works when it shouldn’t. All about what the sensor sees or doesn’t see or thinks it sees on the windshield. It’s not perfect science at this level.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I personally think the rain sensing technology over-all is a little sketchy. I’ve got 3 vehicles with it (including the Raptor) and they all don’t really work like they probably should. Three different makes, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it works when it shouldn’t. All about what the sensor sees or doesn’t see or thinks it sees on the windshield. It’s not perfect science at this level.
Worked perfectly on my 2019 F150.

OP
OP
Broken Wrench

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, at least at this point I know it's not just me. Thanks for the input. I will take it to Ford to see what they say, that should be an interesting conversation...I will update after my visit to let you know what the dealer said.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked perfectly on my 2019 F150.
Worked perfectly in my 2010 and 2012 Land Rover LR4. Work perfectly in our Tesla and other cars we’ve had. It’s not that hard.
I also miss being able to do just one wipe (yes, I hear how that sounds :D). Maybe a quick press on the stalk button?