radio swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 800A raptor and love it! Only regret is the small screen, i still have blue tooth and sync now. Anyone know if i can go to a salvage yard a d pull the bigger radio and bezel and just swap?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I think there was a thread about 2 months ago that was doing it but can’t rember if he finished it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not possible. well nything is possible if you put enough money towards it, but this will cost quite a bit. the trucm with the 800a package does not have the capability of just adding the touch screen. doing an oem swap will not work. however there are possibly some aftermarket solutions that will be much cheaper. still expensive, but possible. need more info on your truck to verify

OP
OP
C

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 800a with sync , has the small screen, but has apple car play and andriod app, bluetooth and one usb port in the center tray. I just couldnt pay 13-15 k more for stuff on my budget. If i have to i will live with it. Thought i saw some guys swapping out radio and dash trim cover along with apm

OP
OP
C

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do appreciate the help, i am taking it in tomorrow for the seatbelt recall. Dealers are clueless, i added my bed led lights and they work factory which i was told couldnt be done. Was pretty easy but had to order factory stuff since i wanted bed switch too

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Check over on the F150 forum. I believe I have seen others making the change. Many have changed the instrument cluster to the larger display. Pretty sure I have seen the center stack swap as well.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending how handy you are, I've seen a video on YouTube where they installed an iPad and made a custom bezel. Turned out pretty good.