Radio sreen locks up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I bought the Raptor new a month ago and have had the Radio screen lock up four times. The only way to correct is shut the vehicle off wait 10 minutes and restart. If I take it to the dealer it probably won't act up any suggestion?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Smart phone or GoPro. Video it then take it in. If they give you static about them having to replicate it, thAts a lie. Call ford c/s

May
Be a bad sync module.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Raptor new a month ago and have had the Radio screen lock up four times. The only way to correct is shut the vehicle off wait 10 minutes and restart. If I take it to the dealer it probably won't act up any suggestion?
Mine did the same thing, they flashed my truck and had to redo all my tweaks on Forscan... they claim that's what caused it.. yeah really. So all the videos online don't prove it's a known issue...

I quickly unhooked the battery and problem solved. Major pain. I did have the dealer look and like I said they flashed it. But I have only driven my truck twice since picking it up.. so hopefully whatever they did solved the problem

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Andrew_

Reaction score
If you hold the power button and the next track button (->) for about 5 seconds it will force Sync to reboot. Happens to me occasionally and it fixes it every time. I can even fix it while I’m on the freeway.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
My 2019 was doing the same thing (especially when the truck had been sitting for a while) it would freeze and always acted like it wanted to update but could not finish the process. I took the truck in to the dealer for an appointment where they "forced" an update through. The problem did not go away, so I drove it to the dealership when the problem was going happening and did not shut the truck off so they could see it. They ordered a new computer for the trucks sync system. When the new computer was installed the problem went away. I had several Forscan changes in the truck and the dealer never said anything.

Last edited:

mdkim

Reaction score
If you hold the power button and the next track button (->) for about 5 seconds it will force Sync to reboot. Happens to me occasionally and it fixes it every time. I can even fix it while I’m on the freeway.

Thanks! I did not know this. I will have try it the next time. Mine has froze on me twice while in ApplePlay.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help and could someone tell me what Forscam is?
It is a program that you can install on a computer to make changes to various settings on your truck. I am just guessing, but there are probably several hundred setting changes that can be made with the software.