Radio Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HSDMORGAN

Reaction score
Cb radio,antenna and gps locations

Anyone have ideas for mounting Lowrance Offroad GPS and CB Radio/Antenna locations? With the aluminum body mag-mount antennas are not going to work so what other clever options do you have in mind? I'm thinking I will have to install a ground plane antenna but will need to cut a hole into the body/roof to mount it!

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new F150 has been out for a while but I can't find any radio mounts. Maybe I'm blind but do you guys know of anything? I'm probably gonna get a Kenwood 50w VHF radio sometime soon and I'm trying to figure out where it will go. That drawer with the USBs looks like it might be good if it'll fit in there.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess Troy Products already makes a nice console mount. I have one for my G1. Fits the VHF, CB, and scanner.

@dude1782 , what model Kenwood you plan on getting? I might be able to help you out with this.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would guess Troy Products already makes a nice console mount. I have one for my G1. Fits the VHF, CB, and scanner.

@dude1782 , what model Kenwood you plan on getting? I might be able to help you out with this.

I'm thinking about getting the 7360 and a GPS from SDHQ and having them come up with some simple mounts.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just posted in this thread. Mods @Raptizzle can we merge the two please?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/radio-mount-52016/

Alot of the G1 guys have already paved the way with alot of this stuff.

Ive got an Icom 880H that I want to drop in. Its got the detachable face so I was thinking sunglass holder as done in the past, head unit under the back seat, mic in the console and additional spaker in the footwell?

I saw a guy on here do a real slick antenna mount with a custom "U" bracket that protrudes where the bed meets the cab and is mainly hidden by the bed rail plastic. Although not an ideal location might be too slick not to copy. Let me see if I can find the thread.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Here it is, Antenna Mount

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/slackers-vhf-uhf-radio-install-pic-heavy-26903/

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Here is my fav install.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/icom-880h-radio-install-29509/

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I measured the drawer with the USBs in it and a radio would fit but I don't know how difficult the wiring would be. For the gps I'm just going to mount it to the dash above the screen.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk