Radio Interface Gen2 has gotten sluggish non responsive?--Anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 017 Gen 2 has the high end radio stereo option (802A?) up till last week everything was fine.

Then I noticed Nav would lose lock, NO GPS indicator came on on screen..a complete shut down restart got that back.

Bluetooth locks up and music stops playing with long gaps, but even with blutooth no being used the system is sick?

Buttons on the GUI are slow to respond for sometimes 20+ seconds then when it does it toggles thru the 10-20 last tries as though they were stuck in a buffer memory?

SOMETHING HAS SLOWED THE ENTIRE COMPUTER PORTION OF THIS SYSTEM

Is there an update to refresh the central display/sound/nav

I have an appt thurs to get the sunroof fixed (it wont open now or close all the way), Ill ask service about this while Im there.

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this same problem. It is terrible slow or just is non functional.
Android auto will work perfectly fine so there is no issue there (probably because AA runs off of my phone and just uses the screen as a display)
Dealer looked at it and is replacing my APIM tomorrow. Hopefully that will fix it as stuff like phone call quality was bad so probably bad APIM affects the noise cancellation?

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a recall on the system.
Your dealer will have to install the new chip and code and then it works great!

Got mine done maybe 4 months ago