Radio Installs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I routed the antenna cables along the headliner and down behind the trim on the back corners by the rear seat belts. You can get into the channel along the trim below the doors from there. I routed the power for the GMRS radio back from the passenger seat floor penetration this way. You can see the cables behind the seat in the last pic. I plan on mounting the GMRS radio under the back seat. There appears to be a ground behind the rear seats that I'll use.
Great write up! Question - how was pulling the headliner down to access the wires and route them over to the pillar and down the sill? Any critical steps required to get the rear of the headliner down for access?

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up! Question - how was pulling the headliner down to access the wires and route them over to the pillar and down the sill? Any critical steps required to get the rear of the headliner down for access?
Thanks! I don't recall any issues. I just pulled the headliner down enough to get the cable in. The toughest part was jamming it in around the trim near the seat belt retractor if, I remember correctly.