Radio Commutations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Looking at getting a PCI Kenwood radio but not overly impressed with mounting it in the center console. With the lid closed, can you still hear the radio?

So my question is, what radio are you using and where did you mount it? Pictures would be great!

Thanks

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a big ask man, depends what you want. UHf VHF , gmrs, etc. secure comms? CB ? Whats your usage profile?

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get one of these.

I have my radio in the center console and an external speaker.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get one of these.

I have my radio in the center console and an external speaker.
Same

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You definitely want VHF if you want to talk to other Raptors or participate in any group runs with EXO, TRR, etc. They all use Weatherman or BFG Pits for the most part. Most race radios are what you would want as they come pre-programmed with common channels. I hear great things about the Rugged M1 and PCI is kind of the go to brand.

I put mine under the glove box with the mic mounted to the Lowrance on the center tray. I like it a lot. It is not in the way at all and no passenger has ever had issues with it. I can see when it is on and I don't accidentally leave it on overnight.

I wouldn't go in the center console unless you are getting headsets. I plan to replace my radio with a center console mount and headsets very soon, as in within a month. Headsets with intercom are the way to go.