GEN 2 Radio CB Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the PCI chase kit with cigar plug, console mount plate, 50W or so, made a very simple mount for the bed corner, ran it into the cab very easily as well. Havent had a chance to use it much, but it's much better than a handheld Baofeng I used for years before that.

I was going to do a writeup but didnt wanna hassle thinking not many would care.

IMG_20200329_130454.jpg

IMG_20200329_130518.jpg

IMG_20200329_130555.jpg

IMG_20200329_130314.jpg

Smilodon

Reaction score
Noob question here, so we did 4x4 Offroad Jamboree in Utah a few weeks ago. Most people had radios, is this what they meant when they said turn to channel 5? Or were those just CB? I really like Christyle's setup, as we have about the same truck! I'm told HAM is the way to go here in Southern Utah as there are tonnes of repeaters around. But would I still be able to talk to others on trail rides like the one we were on.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noob question here, so we did 4x4 Offroad Jamboree in Utah a few weeks ago. Most people had radios, is this what they meant when they said turn to channel 5? Or were those just CB? I really like Christyle's setup, as we have about the same truck! I'm told HAM is the way to go here in Southern Utah as there are tonnes of repeaters around. But would I still be able to talk to others on trail rides like the one we were on.
i thinks its cb. most jeeps still using cb. you have 40 channels with cb, so channel selection is pretty basic. preset channels with preset frequency. vhf you have thousands of channels to choose from. just have to dial in the right frequency.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the PCI chase kit with cigar plug, console mount plate, 50W or so, made a very simple mount for the bed corner, ran it into the cab very easily as well. Havent had a chance to use it much, but it's much better than a handheld Baofeng I used for years before that.

I was going to do a writeup but didnt wanna hassle thinking not many would care.

View attachment 160685

View attachment 160686

View attachment 160687

View attachment 160688

Nice! Not well versed in the Gen1 platform- are those component inputs factory or do you have some 3rd party Video In Motion modules installed?