GEN 2 Radiance Reverse Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCaptor

Reaction score
Hello

I bought a set of Rigid Radiance Pod lights with the red halo for reverse lights. I'd like to do as little wire tapping or slicing as possible. So, I was wondering if anyone knew what (if any) fuses I could tap into to:

1. have the halos come on with the marker lights?
2. have the fog light come on with the reverse lights?

If splicing or tapping is required, I understand. I'm just trying to avoid messing with the factory wires.

I appreciate any help or guidance.

Regards

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some suggest using the wires to the taillights for reverse and running light feeds.....I do NOT....those wires are very small and fragile...I tapped into the wires to the 7 pin hitch connection. Pull/cut back the tap and use a 12v test light to find the reverse/tail and tee into those...

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just straight wired mine directly to the aux unit. Took a little more time but I was able to secure the wiring where I felt comfortable and since those were the first things I connected to my aux unit it allowed me to plan out my future wiring needs and keeps the reverse lighting an option cause we all know once you tint it can be a pain to see behind you at night in some instances.
View media item 14470Hope this helps

OP
OP
R

RaptorCaptor

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips folks. I've decided that I don't have the skill set or confidence to do it myself, so I made an appointment for a local mod shop to do it. I've asked them to use the hitch connections.

I just straight wired mine directly to the aux unit. Took a little more time but I was able to secure the wiring where I felt comfortable and since those were the first things I connected to my aux unit it allowed me to plan out my future wiring needs and keeps the reverse lighting an option cause we all know once you tint it can be a pain to see behind you at night in some instances.
View media item 14470Hope this helps

What do you mean by aux unit? BTW, I like that tailgate better than mine. :)

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your auxillary switches ovehead.
Yea I thought I wanted the applique but later on I'm glad I didn't get that.
Eventually I'd like to get the Ford emblem in Magnetic + Flat Black. I like the subdued look moreso than chrome especially on a 4 X
Be sure and post a pic or 2 when you get your lights on. Good luck.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not use an up-fitter? They are designed for exactly such an accessory or use-case, plus there are six of them. I used these on switch #4 even though #1-#3 are not connected to anything.

CwPsqGPkooIlsawqQv9UT1z11gSoY3JetrZphPhC0JYvHrpi1JCyIUucRRcFJ0BXoxHnvFzJPMxAgAfu-vjkKsI8aUNjzMsFvl-Ns0lz3JesYswIVI3eLX6WNBkWwTNjHnP5WESI8ZDFIYDFgpXVcbaxx3Bv0tMoxDWScoNBYEZHGwjdDaeNm0gCsFvQ2BlYEbdLErMK2mE0z4ZwF3pRuGEiseNWs9H7PSZD5ONHzi5WGt_JFkAjWPckYCHgMQYDMOs3XFS2cWmB5CLprl1zh03N040EydYDYQBuqOiEgP7ws9QhlvX0aPPpzgZLYqVDXFFxHfJVYWZOq3MVVlYD8Q26pM2Tb_EkSAT9VrvavDAbk1keeZ6dnPCWoUa8cgs4CVqv53mF5gPdSdYVqQYb-zO-j-mHMRhI0Cqe4pSGEaaw7y0wycCfp4PBySlnGr04jtokFJLFEwGnz8lnaHw-kbqcUC7eHzH-HYgEEj09au8jrRmnZw0oNu3nbhFgqUMqgmf1uzSBpG0Umcp-X7Y27PbHDBt9VX1gbBOMUL7XAWRgWm-CZKriXCniLRDAN_Ou2_iwy7D-tOcLpflpyFgfOXzro4XBgIs1j7W8mWsoFcgHiGZVP03UVmnHgyXmFREY0A-35236XOhkqBtykn4-mHJQhmeRohTw3ghKM1-hhxDYunB3WazEvw=w1223-h917-no