Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Radar mount & hardwiring?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]' started by #1LeadFoot, Apr 28, 2019.

1. PCDan

PCDan Full Access Member

With it mounted under the mirror it’s super easy to press the mute button on the detector.

2. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

Those considering the R7, perhaps reconsider. I have the R3 (A V1 and Radenso ProM sitting in a drawer) and got the R7 for my Raptor. I'm on my second one and it does the same as the first, falses on KA almost constantly when there is absolutely nothing around to cause it. Very frustrating. It's a half baked product at this point. Even with the firmware upgrade.

Also, as far as being easy to mute, they put the mute button on the side and it's not so easy to reach. It also causes the blendmount to twist and come loose the more you press the mute button.

3. flajax

flajax Member

BLIS and other blind spot monitoring hardware will cause KA falsling. My RD has the same issue, but it's still a great unit so I haven't swapped it out yet.

4. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

Not so. BLIS is well known to cause K falling, not Ka. Mine has quieted down however. The Ka falling rarely happens.

5. flajax

flajax Member

Ok, so maybe not BLIS, but the GMC's equiv causes KA falsing (my wife has a yukon and it makes my RD go nuts).

6. TrackRat

TrackRat Full Access Member

Love my hardwired blendmount. Just put one in another of the cars. Expensive but very nicely designed and crafted