RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a V1, a K40, and a Passport. I have never been nailed with the Passport, it has saved me at least a hundred times. IMO it's the best one, hands down. The k40, not so much. The V1 hasn't failed me yet, but it is just used as a redundant.

Ivan Dan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always heard Valentine 1 is the best.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I've always heard they were the best.

newdadkel

Reaction score
Just had new ****** 360 Max with K40 laser defusers installed. New 360 has the directional arrows which I always really liked with the V1.
K40 laser defuser has on/off switch since they are illegal in some states. Has worked very well so far

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had new ****** 360 Max with K40 laser defusers installed. New 360 has the directional arrows which I always really liked with the V1.
K40 laser defuser has on/off switch since they are illegal in some states. Has worked very well so far

What was the price on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newdadkel

Reaction score
****** I purchased separately at Best Buy since it was cheaper there than at the shop.
For the K40, it depends on how many sensors you install. I had 3 placed in the front only, one near each headlight and one near license plate, and it was around 1200. They can place a rear sensor but that is not very common around here to have lasers set up on a bridge shooting at the backs of cars.
Just last week, I got hit with a laser on an access road where the cops love to hang out. I saw the him check the gun and then shoot again. So Im assuming it did not get a reading. There is a lot of traffic on this so they usually don't take the time to keep checking the same vehicle, and will just go to the next one. But I do like the very discreet lights to let you know you are being hit, and the on/off toggle near the steering wheel that I can turn off quickly

AB8727

Reaction score
I recently purchased my Raptor and it had a Passport 9500 ci previously installed. I get a ton of false positive alarms from other vehicles, I'm assuming from blindspot detectors. Is there any way to reduce the number of these alarms, anything I should possibly look into regarding the installation?

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased my Raptor and it had a Passport 9500 ci previously installed. I get a ton of false positive alarms from other vehicles, I'm assuming from blindspot detectors. Is there any way to reduce the number of these alarms, anything I should possibly look into regarding the installation?

Update it. I had another issue so sent it in for a 50 repair and asked them to take care of that also. BLIS alerts were the worst.

AB8727

Reaction score
Update it. I had another issue so sent it in for a 50 repair and asked them to take care of that also. BLIS alerts were the worst.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this. Since this was installed previously I'm having trouble locating the radar receiver let alone the interface to plug into.