Radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palen2

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a good high-end radar detector any one out there have experience and advice to help me choose one :burnout:

Attachments

• IMG_20131223_244809_149.jpg
    IMG_20131223_244809_149.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 194

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two different ones in my cars:

1. Valentine 1 - if you don't want one installed, this is probably the best bet. costs 400, but it will tell you how many signals, does front and rear (through the windows), and seems to really avoid falsing. A great unit that really hasn't changed in about 15 years, and still usually wins all the reviews. as a bonus there is a great rear view mirror mount/wiring kit you can pick up so you don't have to stick it to windshield - and the mount is jump proof :005:

2. Passport 9500ci - this is an installed unit, and very pricey at about 1500 (install extra), but has all the bells and whistles - it diffuses laser (actually saw it working, got pulled over and cop couldn't give me a ticket), does front and rear radar (doesn't tell you if front or rear though), handles red light camera locations, has GPS, will tell you your actual speed.

I like both of those, albeit at wildly different price points.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****** sill be coming out with a new system soon. but at an additional $300 (est) price increase. but it will have new shifters.

the passport max is the newest unit out and seems to have the best reviews.
i run the 9500ci in my vehicles.

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have V1's hard wired in both my Raptor and Audi S4.

If Valentine had GPS (for red light cameras, ability to lock out known false signals, etc) then it would be absolute perfect detector.
You can't beat the directional arrows though.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with ****** Redline, because I'm in a rural area and not concerned about false alarms in cities. The Redline has the longest range and best off-axis detection (over hills, around curves, etc). You can use the ****** Live cord with it to get the GPS database functionality too.

Whatever you get, you should get it from Busa (The Car Stereo Company, FRF vendor)

And I agree completely about using the blendmount and mirror tap.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** 9500ci with blend mount and wired into the mirror. Looks great and works awesome

Sent from my S4