Raced a 2.7...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a buddy has a xlt 4x4 screw.
I won but was quite surprised at how good that 2.7 went !

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.7 XLT now, and it's definitely quick. Just shy of six second 0-60 when in sport mode.

Glad you won though, wouldn't want your buddy to win bragging rights with a truck that costs $25k less. ;-)

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My neighbor has a rental with the 2.7... his Hemi cracked a head and he had to come home to Idaho from California. Think he's ready to trade up...

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I imagine these huge tires must eat up a lot of performance ? I really expected to smoke him and I didn’t.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine these huge tires must eat up a lot of performance ? I really expected to smoke him and I didn’t.

Were you in normal eco mode? In 4wd or rear wheel only? Were you on the brake revving the engine before start?

These things matter more than you might think. Especially the first point.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were you in normal eco mode? In 4wd or rear wheel only? Were you on the brake revving the engine before start?

These things matter more than you might think. Especially the first point.
Sport mode awd and brake to 2,000 rpm as was he

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had to keep my Raptor overnight for a warranty AC actuator and gave me a loaner XLT with the eco 2.7 4x4 to drive. I was really surprised at the performance for the little ecoboost. The new Ranger with that power plant should really scoot!

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sport mode awd and brake to 2,000 rpm as was he

Yeah, if I push my XLT like that, I can get sub-6 speeds. Those ecoboost engines can really get up and go.

That being said, I can't wait for my 2019 order to arrive. :)

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had to keep my Raptor overnight for a warranty AC actuator and gave me a loaner XLT with the eco 2.7 4x4 to drive. I was really surprised at the performance for the little ecoboost. The new Ranger with that power plant should really scoot!

Pretty sure the only ecoboost engine going in the Ranger is the 2.3L 4 cylinder. That body shell has been around for years and was never designed to hold wider V6 engines, just narrow inline 4's, mostly turbo diesels up until it's US introduction