Race transmission on Ford 6.2 SVT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acerni

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

We have two 2012 Raptor SVT we use for Rally Raid like Dakar and Baja here in Europe. Due the FIA regulations we are not be able to modify everything we would like to.
After 2 Dakars and lots of issues on brakes and transmissions we would like to swap the OEM automatic transmission with a non electronic race transmission. I'm familiar with GM transmissions (TH400, 4L80 etc) and GM engine blocks but don't know so much on Ford engine block bell and transmission.
First idea is to swap a GM transmission on but maybe you know better than me about a race transmission that fit directly on the SVT engine.
Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks
Pier

OP
OP
Acerni

Acerni

Reaction score
interesting... a Reid Racing S80 4L80 case shoud be a good option then...
Considered the 6R80 also with Quick6 standalone controller but not sure if it can be tuned as we require

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just have to get an adapter for Ford mod motor to GM case . Or look into The Ford 4r100 transmission , they can build those pretty stout , you would only need a stand alone controller then

rjgaumer

Reaction score
Why not just do a TH400 swap? they sell a bell housing adapter. Google ford modular V8 th400 adapter.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C4,C6 Th400 and th350 will all do the job you will just need an adapter but you should consider the 4x4 when doing the swap.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what issue are you having with the Ford 6R80?
Once the lead frame and solenoids are built, and a Circle D billet converter added, they are pretty strong.

Z

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free