R1 Concepts Install Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just realized you had 20" wheels. congrats on the real Big Brakes!!
i went with standard one for 17" wheels. while i have 18" wheels lol

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrow needs to up...& the brake hose should be at the top of the caliper so air doesn’t build up in the caliper

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
it seemed wrong direction for the rotors as well, the vents have directions too. It suppose to rotated outward.

Boyser

Reaction score
I got R1 BBK for 17" wheel, one time customer here

they said for 17" wheels, which they didnt mention that would not fit OEM wheel, I need to change the wheels set, ok fine.

Rear brake sent with wrong e-brake size, wait for 2 months, ok I wait but big buck spent should not face this issue, or am I expected too much.

Now 10 months passed by, 1 of rear e-brake small lock screw for brake pad slide (shiney small piece of metal 4 pieces bottom of the caliper) gone cause the pad rub on the hub, some scratch but the noise and when it happened scare me.

Rear got another issue which destroyed my e-brake motor, cost me $118 (Parking brake motor), so look out for this. The part inside and design might not match the e-brake application my 2C. Also Ford e-brake motor installation included fluid which R1 housing cannot hold that fluid, may be they got improve with the version that they sent you, no clue.

Now I just back to OEM for the rear but still R1 for the front.

If I can do it again, nah too much trouble.

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it seems that direction of the rotors does not matter. Nick from Apollo Optics told me that they have lifetime warranty against cracks and breaks. Stopping power improved very much, but now I have crazy nose dive with sharp braking. I installed Eibach springs in the front btw.

MattACK

Reaction score
You have the calipers on the wrong side. Arrow should be facing up since the rotor rotates up during forward movement.

Direction of rotors looks correct with the slots angled towards the rear of the truck.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have the calipers on the wrong side. Arrow should be facing up since the rotor rotates up during forward movement.

Direction of rotors looks correct with the slots angled towards the rear of the truck.

hows he going to bleed it with the bleeders on the bottom??

personally i think they put the crossover brake line is installed on the wrong end.. can it be swapped out with the bleeder? Even the R1 logos are upside down..