R in the wild!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Most likely will order mine without the moonroof. It’s too damn hot in Oklahoma for that much glass.
I went and put the darkest ceramic tint on mine and keep the shade closed. I am not a fan of the sunroof and the maintenance to keep the rattles at bay. If this truck can me easily attained without the stupid sunroof my chances of buying go way up.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went and put the darkest ceramic tint on mine and keep the shade closed. I am not a fan of the sunroof and the maintenance to keep the rattles at bay. If this truck can me easily attained without the stupid sunroof my chances of buying go way up.
I know I was glad to be able to order mine without.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will come to market for sure now, just extremely limited. You think a 37 PP is tough to get, I'm guessing dealers ADM and availability will just make these a full blown exotic. Ford can say they made it to market with a TRX competitor and fan boys will drag race from street light to street light against the TRX to the Starbuck's

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My estimation

730HP
1.8 or 2.0 S/C system

37s

Light weight package (light seats, gas tank smaller option, more hookups for running 110v/lights/electronics)

More aggressive suspension to handle the power to the wheels.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My estimation

730HP
1.8 or 2.0 S/C system

37s

Light weight package (light seats, gas tank smaller option, more hookups for running 110v/lights/electronics)

More aggressive suspension to handle the power to the wheels.
No reason for a smaller fuel tank. If someone needs to be as light as possible, just put in less gas. Keep the 36 gal tank and the truck will still have decent range when needed and a range advantage over TRX. I would actually prefer they try to squeeze a few more gallons into it. Maybe 40.

All indications are the R will be 37’s only with the same wheels as the current 37PP but blacked out.

The front end will likely have slightly stiffer springs and/or shock valving but that’s due to weight not power. The current 37PP suspension would be fine. Now, drivetrain, trans, etc. will probably be beefed up for reliability.

I could see them nixing the moonroof for weight savings. At least for test models, to get optimum 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am.
Ford will not release the V8 Raptor to market. There.

I’ve said this from the beginning and not going to change horses now. That said, I’ll be glad to be wrong. As I’ve opined previously, I think Ford sees that they’re actually years behind the TRX in powertrain dev. not simply a factor of slapping the 5.2 s/c into the truck. The truck drive train and suspension work well up to about 525-550 crank hp; tuned trucks prove that. Once you start pushing the torque up, the 10r80 isn’t up to it as delivered so tough to say what “fuse” in the power train will be.

If it was that easy, the truck would have been released last year when teased. Every day it’s not on the market is another TRX sale. that’s a truck sale lost to Ford and going to a direct competitor. Plus, Ford can’t keep up with regular F150 and super duty production demands, allegedly due to supply chain issues but probably more than just suppliers at this point.

I think at one point Ford had honest intentions of trying to compete with the TRX but ultimately the numbers just aren’t in Ford’s favor. While the TRX continues to sell, even in the face of $6.00 / gallon fuel (that’s regular, not the super that will almost certainly be required for a s/c V8 Rap), but they’re not selling like they were when gas was $2.50 gallon... Upper management isn’t looking for a gas guzzler in the face of record fuel prices and a bad economy.

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
As I’ve said previously, if Ford wants to troll me, they can release the s/c v8 Raptor only available in lead foot grey. I’m waiting....

Funny to hear you admit that Ford is light years behind RAM. The V8 Raptor is a sure thing, and I will be interested to watch all those V8 naysayers clamoring over how much ADM they will pay. This R will get me to sell my 6.2. Cannot wait.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny to hear you admit that Ford is light years behind RAM. The V8 Raptor is a sure thing, and I will be interested to watch all those V8 naysayers clamoring over how much ADM they will pay. This R will get me to sell my 6.2. Cannot wait.
Better late than never Sasquatch. You said the V8 Raptor will be out in late 2017.