R doing benchmark testing with TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I appreciate whatever fiat did. The most important thing they did was give Ford some competition and make them put a V8 in the raptor. They would have been fine putting in that 3.5HO engine and pumping in fake V8 noise in the cab.

TRX was kinda their first attempt at this sort of a truck. They've had rebel and power wagon but were never competitors for the Raptor. And I hope they keep improving and I really hope TRX sells well.

Product improvements are always accelerated when there is competition.

I agree though, TRX isn't good looking at all, but then again, people who like the designs of Ram trucks wont mind the TRX.
You are right, I do like the fact that it pushes Ford to up their game. We get a better Raptor out of it.

Reaction score
Speaking of TRXs. Several in my area are listed by dealers at $75-88k. Are these where they’re at now? Or is this the typical dealer bait and switch (oh that price was a mistake)

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing they either aren't playing the ADM game or are doing that bait and switch. Everything on autotrader around me has TRX's at at least a $5k ADM.

Whether Ford is testing directly against the TRX right now or that was just coincidence, I'm sure at the very minimum, they have a TRX on-hand to make marketing claims against. They aren't able to make the most effective marketing strategy against the competition if they don't have one to see and touch every feature of.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am guessing they either aren't playing the ADM game or are doing that bait and switch. Everything on autotrader around me has TRX's at at least a $5k ADM.

Whether Ford is testing directly against the TRX right now or that was just coincidence, I'm sure at the very minimum, they have a TRX on-hand to make marketing claims against. They aren't able to make the most effective marketing strategy against the competition if they don't have one to see and touch every feature of.

Im sure Ford had one of the first TRX’s to roll off the assembly line. It will be torn down at some point. But imagine a lot of it is already well known by Ford.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the TRX today. It's nice. It's fast. It's wide. I was surprised and impressed. Pictures don't do it justice. A friend got one two days ago and it only has 200 miles, so it hasn't seen dirt yet. Next time I visit him we'll take it in the desert. I was thinking about it later in the day and it gave me the same feeling like when I bought my first new Raptor in 2013. I had a few since then and none made me feel like the first one I bought until I drove the TRX. It was different and special.

I'm excited to see the Gen 3 in person and see what Ford does with the R. I'll be buying one... not sure if it'll be the 3.5 or the R, it'll depend on price and availability.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the TRX in the article is being driven by a Ford employee, or is a complete coincidence? I’m leaning toward the former.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I would like to see a bone stock Raptor and a bone stock TRX run laps on an off-road course driven by the same driver. Off-road I don't think the TRX suspension can keep up with a standard Raptor.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Why? I get that they would have special badging and stickers for it, but not sure why more than that would be necessary.

While the differences between the GT350 and GT500 are probably not all "necessary", a majority of those who are spending the extra cash would like the vehicle to be easily differentiated from all of the other Mustangs on the road. Same for the R. Vain...yes. Unrealistic...no.