Quotes on installing RPG Perch Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a local shop and they quoted 8 hrs just for the install. Then they'd need to do the alignment.
8 hours feels excessive.

I used to live near you. Central Coast Four Wheel Drive did all my suspension work on my current RAM 1500. They installed FOX 2.5 shocks; front (coils) and rear, and had the truck aligned as the FOX front shocks leveled the truck. They were reasonable price wise. It's a small shop with only a few guys. The owners name is Greg Lazarotti and he does most of the work. I'd suggest giving them a call. 831-474-8825 2852 Soquel Ave #B, Santa Cruz

Another shop worth calling is 4x4 and more in Scotts Valley; 831-439-0902 The owners name is Dan

Side note, the former headquarters for FOX is in Scotts Valley. They still have lots of staff there, but the HQ moved to GA. So this area has seen a lot of suspension work for employees. The shops I mentioned are both small and don't look like much, but they know what they are doing (or at least they did when I was there). They'd both be worth a call.

Last edited:

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. They want to pull the front strut off and everything. I thought they'd just need to compress the springs. If anyone knows a good place in the Bay Area, let me know!
you really want them to remove the shocks to put the collars on...best scenario. Mine was 3 hrs labor and the offroad shop that did it locally has done a ton of them on Raptors. it was about 500.00 to have them installed

Teraflx

Reaction score
A local place here in AZ did my springs for $400 out the door with an alignment so I would imagine spacers should be no more than that.

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some rough quotes on what it cost to put the 1.5inch RPG perch collars on your truck? Not sure if the quote I got was steep or reasonable.
We charge $460 to install them. Located in San Bruno near SFO and have worked on numerous Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors. We remove the whole spring/strut to install them. If someone has a portable spring compressor they could probably do it alot faster. In my experience most professional shops do not use portable spring compressors.

1vision33

Reaction score
We charge $460 to install them. Located in San Bruno near SFO and have worked on numerous Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors. We remove the whole spring/strut to install them. If someone has a portable spring compressor they could probably do it alot faster. In my experience most professional shops do not use portable spring compressors.
Same cost for the SVC collars?

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought SVC perch collars and hit up my buddy who owns a shop to get a quote. Per their shop policy, they will not install customer purchased collars, or equipment in general. Now im waiting for a quote on collars and install, I'll update when I have a quote

Reaction score
Good info here. I picked up the SVC collars too and am waiting on my wheels to come in and figured I’d have them all installed at once. Was curious what the cost would be for the perch collars. thanks for posting.