Quotes on installing RPG Perch Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some rough quotes on what it cost to put the 1.5inch RPG perch collars on your truck? Not sure if the quote I got was steep or reasonable.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of the SVC collars instead of the RPG. Only difference is the SVC collars are solid pieces, not pieces held together by screws.

Baja HQ in San Juan Capistrano quoted me $450 to install the collars and another $150 to align it.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a local shop and they quoted 8 hrs just for the install. Then they'd need to do the alignment.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. They want to pull the front strut off and everything. I thought they'd just need to compress the springs. If anyone knows a good place in the Bay Area, let me know!

kev4dez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I installed the RPG collars myself on my Gen 3. I think the RPG video is a little optimistic on the time. It took me about 4 hours or so to do mine. I fought the spring and spring compressors positions on the drivers side and when I moved over to the passenger side I could not get the compressors in with everything assembled. I tried doing it with only one spring compressor but it would not compress the spring enough. I ended up disconnecting the upper a-arm and tie rod and axle and pulling the assembly out of the way and then I was able to get both the spring compressors in there. So depending how the shop is doing it it may take more time.
Kevin