Quiet tires???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently got nitro terra grapplers. Ride and noise similar to ko2’s. Hopefully wear better but mpg went down by 1 mpg.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street tires but then you loose all your off-road capabilities also you bought a Raptor.

Exactly. Had an Explorer w street tires that was ungodly loud. The ‘14 Raptor w KO2s is like riding in a sound booth.

Not sure how much quieter it could get or need to be. You did buy a Raptor. Turn up the stereo and roll down the windows!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You must have bionic hearing. I've gone so far as to coast downhill at 65mph with all sound making gismos shut off...engine at idol...and I can't hear the BFGs at all. If yours are so loud that you're willing to give up all the capability and install an inferior tire then I admire your EXTREMELY sensitive hearing.

I'm curious (as I didn't think to do it before my new tires) - can you run a decibel app and report your general numbers? Be curious as to the range the stock truck falls in.

On noisy, rough roads I'm up to nearly 70 db with my new tires, which sometimes is bothersome to me.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious (as I didn't think to do it before my new tires) - can you run a decibel app and report your general numbers? Be curious as to the range the stock truck falls in.

On noisy, rough roads I'm up to nearly 70 db with my new tires, which sometimes is bothersome to me.

Gen1 SCAB
Stock BFG KO1's (originals), 8/32" average tread remaining, concrete interstate, stock exhaust, windows up, db meter taped to the gauge panel.
@ 70 MPH = 74 db
@ 60 MPH = 70 db
@ Idle = 57 db