Quiet tires???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sethrad

Reaction score
I’ve heard that the Toyo OC is a bit ‘heavy’, but everything I’ve read says that this is the best A/T road tire there is. If I can find the article from Consumer Reports that I read last week, I’ll post it. They supposedly interviewed dozens of tire pros...and the Toyo OC was the almost unanimous favorite in the space.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im using Nitto trail grapplers now. They are quiet but are new too. They feel very similar to the KO2's. Will have to see as they wear but they have a 50,000 mile wear warranty.
Agree, Trail Grapplers are the best option for most aggressive tread to road noise ratio. @Kashoggio Yes, they are heavy (77lbs), but this is an off-road truck, not a track car. OP, What will you do with the truck? Mall Crawl or Tin Cup Pass?

You must be religious about tire rotation with all aggressive tread tires.... 6k max, rear straight to the front, front crossed to the rear.

I ran 3 sets on my GEN1, averaged 50k each. Will be getting a set for my GEN2 next month.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trail Grapplers are the best option for most aggressive tread to road noise ratio. Yes they are heavy (77lbs), but this is an off-road truck, not a track car. What will you do with the truck? Mall Crawl or Tin Cup Pass?

You must be religious about tire rotation with all aggressive tread tires.... 6k max, rear straight to the front, front crossed to the rear.

I ran 3 sets on my GEN1, averaged 50k each. Will be getting a set for my GEN2 next month.

don’t think they are 77 pounds.

looked at the AT3’s as well as they are probably quieter. But they look too much like street tires.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had some kind of Cooper AT3 on my lifted Subaru Outback. They looked pretty aggressive on that car and were dead quiet too. Pretty surprising. Not sure how close that one would be to a Raptor spec/size.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very common for new tires to be quiet. They get nosier as they wear out. New tires are put on and the owner says, "Gee, this brand is a lot quieter than the brand I took off, when they are comparing a new tire to an old tire for noise.

The only way to realistically compare noise between tire brands is with new to new tires and a db meter inside the cab. Otherwise it's a apples to oranges comparison.