Quiet All Terrain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so none are really quiet that I have heard but I'm looking for something more road worthy and less noisy than my current Nitto M/T's. Planning a few road trips and just don't to hear the wife complain about the noise. I'll keep my current setup for when I need them.
Looking for 12.5 x 35 x 20 or even 13.5 to go on 12" wide wheels but not larger than 35 as my current setup fits perfectly now.
Thanks!!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at general grabber at2, bfg ko2, cooper discoverer atp II, goodyear wrangler ultraterrain or toyo open country. Plenty of tires in that size, most are going to be load range E though. If you can find a load range D you like that will help with ride quality, c will be even better with the 20" wheel. 17 or even 18 wheels will ride a lot better.

OP
OP
Hilbilly Jack

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remembered my son put BFG K02 on his Ram truck, super quiet for all terrains. Going with them in 12.5 x 35 on a 10" wide wheels in 20". Current 22's look good, but more options and better ride on 20.
Thanks!

AZ Surfer

Reaction score
I love BFG ATs (Ko2s). Just went up to the 37 on 17" BFG ATs and they are still quiet with 3000 miles on them. It's all in the air pressure for BFGs and NITTOs I have owned. I screw up not watching the air pressure and thats it for the rest of the life of the tire.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
I like the nitto ridge grappler. Quiet as a mouse. You may like them if your running the m/t. However they don’t clean out worth a damn so careful in the mud.

OP
OP
Hilbilly Jack

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... had not thought of the Ridge Grapplers! No worries on mud as I'm keeping the M/T's and current wheels for playtime. I like the tread design better than the KO2's but you say the noise level is quiet? That's my main goal as we have some long highway trips planned and the wife says my truck is LOUD. Don't want to put miles on her car as it's a 17 GT350 with only 7K miles on it!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I consider my Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws to be less noisy than the stockers

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from the BFG KM3 M/T's to the BFG T/A KO2's and still can't believe how quiet they are. I also just put a set of 32" Cooper AT3's on a customer's Ranger and they have been extremely quiet as well, although they cost more than KO2's.