Quick Review Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think people saying the 19vs 18 ride is “stiff” is complete ********. The spring rates and valving relationship is the same its a tiny servo controlling compression. The floaty feeling on the highway is very much still there.

WISHiHADaRAPTOR

Reaction score
Had to take my Bronco Sport in for service today and my sales guy was kind enough to let me take a vehicle home instead of waiting. He let me take a Gen 3 Raptor with the 37 Performance package. I offer this very basic review.

Ruby red is my color so the blue does nothing for me.
I like the improved corner marker lights.
I like the Rigid fog lamps. (Sorry, I should have snapped a photo of the front)
I really like the HD digital dashboard.
I really like the 12" Sync 4 display.
Engine I think is the same as my Gen 2 but the tuned exhaust is noticeably louder. It is a head turner in traffic.
Steering is much more responsive - Similar to Sport mode in the Gen 2
Suspension is noticeably stiffer giving it a more truck like ride. I really liked that but then I don't dislike my Gen 2 ride.
Not a fan of the "Baja Graphics" incorporated into the rear fender decals.

Overall, other than the tuned engine, there isn't one "big thing" that could convince me to trade up but a lot of little things that I consider upgrades. With that said, I'm more than half way through the mortgage on my Gen 2 and plan to keep it. I do appreciate the opportunity to drive this awesome machine though. If I can answer any questions, I will.
I actually love that color! Thanks for the review.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think people saying the 19vs 18 ride is “stiff” is complete ********. The spring rates and valving relationship is the same its a tiny servo controlling compression. The floaty feeling on the highway is very much still there.
I agree. I owned a 2017 and now have a 2019. I would bet a ton of money that most people would not be able to tell you which truck they were in based on ride alone.

cadurham88

Reaction score
That dealer is an idiot loaning out a car that is close to $100k…that he could sell any minute.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt the 2018 rides better then the 2019 and the G3 better then both of them. I’ve had all 3 and the G3 is the best by a mile. My 2019 felt way to stiff on small bumps and the 2018 way to soft in turns and high speed. the 2021 is the Goldilocks lol:)

MrLiou168

Reaction score
That dealer is an idiot loaning out a car that is close to $100k…that he could sell any minute.
Agree. I'm shocked, but next time I'm at the dealer I'm going to ask for a LaFerrari loaner when my 488 is in for service. AND... I'll take a video so that y'all can be entertained!