Quick Review Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Had to take my Bronco Sport in for service today and my sales guy was kind enough to let me take a vehicle home instead of waiting. He let me take a Gen 3 Raptor with the 37 Performance package. I offer this very basic review.

Ruby red is my color so the blue does nothing for me.
I like the improved corner marker lights.
I like the Rigid fog lamps. (Sorry, I should have snapped a photo of the front)
I really like the HD digital dashboard.
I really like the 12" Sync 4 display.
Engine I think is the same as my Gen 2 but the tuned exhaust is noticeably louder. It is a head turner in traffic.
Steering is much more responsive - Similar to Sport mode in the Gen 2
Suspension is noticeably stiffer giving it a more truck like ride. I really liked that but then I don't dislike my Gen 2 ride.
Not a fan of the "Baja Graphics" incorporated into the rear fender decals.

Overall, other than the tuned engine, there isn't one "big thing" that could convince me to trade up but a lot of little things that I consider upgrades. With that said, I'm more than half way through the mortgage on my Gen 2 and plan to keep it. I do appreciate the opportunity to drive this awesome machine though. If I can answer any questions, I will.

Attachments

• IMG_4863.jpg
    IMG_4863.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_4864.jpg
    IMG_4864.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 299

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting comments on the suspension stiffness. What year is your Gen2?

I had a 2019, with the live valve shocks. I was always disappointed with how stiff the ride was both on and off-road. I later learned that this was a common complaint about the live valve shocks introduced in that year, relative to the earlier models.

My 2021 Gen3 is noticeably softer and much more what I expected from a Raptor. It stiffens up in Sport and Baja mode but Normal mode is a great, comfortable ride.

Also that color is great. Is that Velocity Blue (2021) or Atlas Blue (2022)?