Quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired my cut out switch to the cigarette lighter and the switch I got illuminates. So I noticed that the switch stays illuminated after locking the truck. What should I do? I thought the cigarette lighter has no power after turning off.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wired my cut out switch to the cigarette lighter and the switch I got illuminates. So I noticed that the switch stays illuminated after locking the truck. What should I do? I thought the cigarette lighter has no power after turning off.

Nope its powered 100% of the time... Need to change it to key power... Ya could use the 30 amp toggle switch to power it. Its not key power but, it will do what you need and will shut off after the light go off.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where should I tap that at?

Off the top of my head I do not know which circuit is available for that. I will need to look it up. Ya could use the 30 amp toggle switch to power it. Its not key power but, it will do what you need and will shut off after the light go off or you can just toggle it off

OP
OP
R

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with where I bought my cut out they have a non illuminated switch might just get that.

Then to top it off I got some hids from retrosolutions and when I turn the headlights on I get so much static on the radio. When I turn them off the radio is perfect. Lost with this one.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with where I bought my cut out they have a non illuminated switch might just get that.

Then to top it off I got some hids from retrosolutions and when I turn the headlights on I get so much static on the radio. When I turn them off the radio is perfect. Lost with this one.

I ran my cut out switch right from the battery , brought one hot wire through the large rubber gromet on the fire wall on the drivers side where the main wireing harnes goes through to the engin compartment, then I mounted the switch just above the e brake with an exsisting screw that was there and I used that same screw as the ground.

I have put HID's in my stock headlamps and into my FOG's . SO I have 4 ballast's running and have no issues with RF interferance. Check your grounds. I would disconnect one at a time and see if one is causeing the issue , it's a few starting points for ya.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run it off the odb2 port under the steering wheel believe its the far right wire at the bottom but use a meter to make sure . Ran mine there and works great

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Definitely sounds like a grounding issue

OP
OP
R

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

Definitely sounds like a grounding issue

i tried moving the ground to three different locations. I tried leaving the passenger side off with the driver side on no static. Its definitely the passenger side I gotta figure a better ground. I drilled a hole in the bracket behind the light sanded it down and nothing. I did the same on the bottom bracket which connects to the frame nothing. Its only that one side.