Quick Question - Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Today it’s a little contradicting when it comes to maintenance on vehicles. The manufacturers have documented maintenance intervals, then you have oil life monitoring systems. So it gets iffy. If it’s a lease I’d just follow the schedule and let it fly, with a vehicle.

But if you own, it’s in your best interest to keep a strict maintenance schedule that suits you and the vehicle. Since this is a performance truck, and we have heard of some documented failures, etc with some particulars (that most of us would never see), I’m personally just going to dump the oil and filter every 5k for example.

I have heard folks using the same oil as me get up to 6k+\- based on an oil analysis. So that’s a good baseline to follow without possibly sending in my own oil.

jbishop98

Reaction score
I ran Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w30 with no issues. UOA revealed 6500 miles OCI.
Not sure if the Multi-Vehicle is the same as Gas Truck.

Rotella oils are excellent, as I run it in 2 other cars. Try it out.

Thx for the info. I ran Rotella in my Subaru's with no issues. I'll try both and see what Blackstone has to say.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thx for the info. I ran Rotella in my Subaru's with no issues. I'll try both and see what Blackstone has to say.

I run 5w40 T6 in my STi and it loves it. Used to burn 5w30.

Mike McGinnis, who tuned my car and the Raptor for Cobb, told me to switch to 5w40.

I even run it in the Jokeswagen even though not specced. Way out of warranty anyway.

BTW, I run Amsoil SS in the Raptor.

jbishop98

Reaction score
I run 5w40 T6 in my STi and it loves it. Used to burn 5w30.

Mike McGinnis, who tuned my car and the Raptor for Cobb, told me to switch to 5w40.

I even run it in the Jokeswagen even though not specced. Way out of warranty anyway.

BTW, I run Amsoil SS in the Raptor.

Nice. What are your OCI for the Raptor? Just picked mine up last month. Was planning to change oil at 1k, 5k, then every 5kish. Lastly, have you installed a catch can or aos?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. What are your OCI for the Raptor? Just picked mine up last month. Was planning to change oil at 1k, 5k, then every 5kish. Lastly, have you installed a catch can or aos?

I’m running 5k right now. I might bump up to 10k kms (~6200 miles) I ran the factory oil for 5k miles but keep an eye on the level. I don’t have an AOS.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 750 miles oil life at 34 %.
level in stick: quarter with the last hole.
Changing at 4 000 with full synthetic.and after 5 000 every year.
have a mustang cobra 2003 ,change oil every year only put 2 000 miles.
friend work dealership think oil decay with time and no use.