Quick Question - Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackkk

Reaction score
I watch the trucks computer and Royal Purples recommendation and they always line up. 8500 mi. I also use a high milage oil filter. Currently 36,000 mi on a 2018. My wifes Audi dealership refuses to change the engine oil until 10,000 mi or 1 year. I figured if hers can go 10,000, I can go 8500.

Todd Miller

Reaction score
2018 Changed factory oil/filter at 2500 miles. Mobile 1 synthetic and quart of Lucas oil treatment every 5k miles. This is 3rd F150 and never burns oil, runs like cheetah, and never any issues.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wifes Audi dealership refuses to change the engine oil until 10,000 mi or 1 year. I figured if hers can go 10,000, I can go 8500.
That has to be a first....a dealer refusing to service a vehicle early.....unless the oil changes were under some sort of service/warranty package...

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else about changing oil at 5K. The first two things I did was install Full Race CAI unit and UPR dual valve catch can. Be advised that this style catch can will throw a code, crankcase ventilation sensor where the single side doesn’t. I just keep resetting it. Mine is a 2017. The first time the light came on I contacted UPR and they were aware of this problem and were supposed to be working on it. Once you see how much gunk it removes, you’ll be glad you did. I also installed a Pedal Commander and what a difference that makes.
Best of luck.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 Changed factory oil/filter at 2500 miles. Mobile 1 synthetic and quart of Lucas oil treatment every 5k miles. This is 3rd F150 and never burns oil, runs like cheetah, and never any issues.
Why add Lucas oil ? Do you add that on top of the 6 recommended quarts ? Just curious as to why Lucas?

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change the oil every 4-5 miles and use Amsoil full synthetic. Works for me.

dc1gator

Reaction score
I have to agree with Small Town Raptor. Unless I encounter severe driving conditions I change oil at 7,500 mile intervals. You may ask how many miles I put on vehicles without having any problems. I put 136,000 miles on a Tundra a few years ago and it ran like a sewing machine when I traded it. I put 132,000 miles on a 2006 Chevy Impala SS and never had a problem with it. I put 60K miles on a 2013 EcoBoost FX4 SCREW before trading it and it ran like it was new. I put 56K on a 2013 6.7 diesel and it ran like it was new. A friend of mine was asked by some (change every 3K miles) acquaintancies) how often he changed oil and his reply was, "I haven't ever changed it. I just add a quart about every 15K miles. Asked how many miles he had on his car and he replied, "130K miles." I borrowed his car one day and it run like it was new. IMHO, as Small Town said, you are wasting your money. Oil has come a long, long way from what it used to be. BTW, I have researched most oils on the market below AMSOIL and have found one that I am extremely happy with. It is PENNZOIL ULTRA PLATINUM FULL SYNTHETIC. You can order it in 5 qt. containers from Walmart online and have it delivered to your door for free. Good pricing too.