Quick help request: Rear brake clunk after service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to make sure the pins are not worn out or they are not fully seated to the caliper anchor plate.
Rearcaliper001.jpg

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry let me clarify what I said. With the wheels off.the rotors are just floating. The wheel and lugs hold it stationary. so in effect they are floating. Sorry if I confused any one jack they are not floating rotors

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ouch. Don't do that. LOL. Stage 4!!!! I knew it would happen .... :waytogo::peace::birgits_tiredcoffee
LOL good eye ya got there Phy! ;)

A new set of pads solved the problem. I'll fire up a new thread since I can't believe I'd be the only guy to ever run into this. Thanks for the help guys.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess was going to be pads. Sometimes you get aftermarket brake pads (don't know if yours were aftermarket) and they don't fit correctly. It also looks like the old slider pads were reused. New slider pads (silver things the pads seat against) should be replaced every brake job.