Quick Comparison of Gen2 vs Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I hope you enjoyed the smooth and quiet for the day you had it! Cause that sh*t is long gone when your 22’s get installed lol
I don’t agree entirely about that. I am keeping 37 inch tires and have the same amount of sidewall I had with my Gen2. On both my Gen2’s I had 20 inch wheels with 35 inch tires.
To each their own but I feel after seeing them in person before making my decision, the upgraded size and feel of the truck is complimentary with the 22 wheels and 37 inch tires

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if you cant lift yr own tailgate you shouldn't own a pickup. (Kidding) some people have injuries handycap are exempt.
I'm getting there. It was all I could do to take mine off and put it back on by myself on my '20. It does have the step and the applique, so it's a heavy MFer, but still. Give me twenty years and I'll probably need the power gate. But at that point I won't need a truck, so it will be moot.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 3s are cool no doubt, the power packages and interior is cool. The orange USA flags on the ends of the vents are a good touch. Honestly though Ford's redesign of the new F150 left a little to be desired. The front end is just straight ugly. Which is one reason I think they have brought Code Orange and other high impact colors into the fold. Lead Foot was only on the 2021 so I do not understand what they were thinking with that one but the remaining colors are kind of blah besides the blue.

The new WRX is a cluster of crap and Subaru basically made instant classics out of 05-20 model year STIs. No way they ever make up for that one. This chip shortage and pandemic might be the least of our worries if the world at all is still around in a year or two.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I don’t agree entirely about that. I am keeping 37 inch tires and have the same amount of sidewall I had with my Gen2. On both my Gen2’s I had 20 inch wheels with 35 inch tires.
To each their own but I feel after seeing them in person before making my decision, the upgraded size and feel of the truck is complimentary with the 22 wheels and 37 inch tires
You seriously trying to convince me the ride is going to stay the same with 22’s?? Cmon man!!

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that your avatar- the white raptor? What size wheels are you running on that one?

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are paying for the increased tech because on the front end of the truck no matter what you do it will never look proportional to what the Gen 2 looks. The Gen 2 doesn't have the active exhaust settings or the updated interiors but it does definitely look better from the front, angels and rear.
I agree from most angles oem for oem. I like the rear 3/4 angle of the gen3 more actually.

Plus, when done right, the gen3 looks better in the front IMO, but you have to address the wheel/tire offset and bumper properly. It has more to work with in the wide grill and nice LED lights!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-151929_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-151929_Instagram.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 79